Asian College of Journalism, Chennai conducts Asian College of Journalism (ACJ) entrance test every year for granting admission into PG diploma courses from ACJ.
It is an online mode and national level examination conducted every year.
After the entrance, exam students need to attend the personal interview and group discussion rounds before admitting in the college.
The examination is conducted in total 17 centres from different cities of India.
The examination evaluates students in two parts English language skills and general knowledge.
The exam will be conducted in two sessions, i.e. morning and afternoon.
In this section, you will find all the related information about ACJ entrance Exam 2019 such as Important Dates, Syllabus, Application form.
ACJ PG Courses Offered
Reporting, Writing & Editing, and Tools of the Modern Journalist, Key Issues in Journalism, Media Perspectives, The Media, and Law & Society.
ACJ 2019 Exam Dates
Exam date for the entrance exam is not yet declared. We will update the exam date as soon as AAFT releases the official date of the exam.
The last date to submit the application form would be in June 2019 candidates should check the eligibility criteria before applying for the same.
Candidates should fill the application form before the last date of the application ends.
|Last date to submit application form||April 2019|
|Date of examination||May 2019|
|Personal interview||June 2019|
|Declaration of result||June 2019|
ACJ 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Applying candidates should match the following criteria in order to apply or to appear in entrance exam.
Follow is the information provided by Asian College of Journalism.
- Age limit – should not be more than 30 years
- Must be a citizen of India
- Must possess bachelor degree
- Students who are appearing in final year qualifying examination are eligible to apply
- Within the first week of commencement of classes, students should submit their degree to the registrar.
ACJ 2019 Exam Pattern
|EXAM SESSION||SUBJECT||DURATION||TOTAL MARKS|
ACJ 2019 Syllabus
60% – 65% from part B Comprises of Current affairs
|Correct misspelt words|
|Make sentences using words|
|Space exploration – e.g. Cassini-Huygens|
|Economics (understanding of terms like GDP)|
|New Media Terms (What is an I-pad?)|
|Identifying people who have been in the news in the past year|
|Events or people associated with the 1857 revolution,|
|Events or people associated with Gandhi and the Freedom Struggle|
ACJ 2019 Application Form
- Candidates should the prospectus carefully that is available on the official website.
- Candidates should make sure that they eligible to apply.
- Candidate can apply either online or in offline mode
- Online application form is available on the official website of ACJ
- Offline application form can be downloaded from the official website
- Application form is available in official website
- Student should fill all the required information
- Student should pay the application fee in order to successfully register for the examination
- Without the payment of application fee, no student will be given permission registered to give the exam
- Can pay the application fee either by debit/credit/net banking
- Should take the print out after successfully registering
- And send the registered application form along with 2 passport size photographs to the given address
- Download the application form from the official website
- Fill all the required details accurately
- Should pay the application fee through Demand Draft in favour of Media Development Foundation payable at Chennai
- On the back side of the DD students name and address should be mentioned
- Student should send the filled in application form along with the DD to the below mentioned address
Asian College of Journalism
Second Main Road,
(Behind M.S Swaminathan Research Foundation)
Taramani, Chennai – 600 113, India
91-44-22542840 / 22542842 – 47, 91-44-65752840
Fax – 91-44-22542839
Email – [email protected]
ACJ 2019 Application Fee
The application fee for ACJ Entrance Exam 2019.
Following are the details of the application fee that has to be paid by the aspirants.
Business and Financial Journalism – INR 2500
All other Courses – INR 1000
ACJ 2019 Cut Off Marks
Cut off marks will be decided by considering all the following
- Number of candidates appeared for the test
- Number of vacancies
- Reservation criteria
- Last year cut off
- Difficulty level of the paper.
ACJ 2019 Admit Card
Admit card will be issued before the date of examination.
It can be downloaded through online mode from the official website of Asian Media.
Admit card contains the basic details of the applying candidate such as candidate name, candidate signature, photograph, test related information, address, time, seat number, centre etc.
In order to download the admit card, the candidate needs to fill in the details such as application number that will be provided to you through SMS/Text to candidate’s mobile number, date of birth.
It is mandatory for students to bring in the admit card to write the test.
It is suggested to keep the admit card with the student till all the process of admission gets completed.
The student should show the admit card whenever the examiner asks for it.
ACJ 2019 Counselling
Only the rank holders are will be called for counseling.
Counselling consists of a personal interview and group discussion.
Should be called to interview as per the schedule of the college.
The student should bring all the relevant documents along with them during the counselling process.
Counselling is strictly based on the performance of the candidate.