AEEE 2018 is Amrita University Entrance Entrance Examination. AEEE 2018 is conducted on all India basis, by Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham (Amrita University). The students interested in engineering course can apply for the exam, selected students can get admission in its three campuses, i.e. Amritapuri, Bengaluru and Ettimadai and Vengal, the candidate can opt for an online exam as well as an offline exam. In this section you will get all the updates for AEEE 2018, the information is updated as the announcements are made.
AEEE Dates 2018
Here you will find all the important dates related to AEEE 2018 exam.
|Call for admissions 2018||3rd week of October 2017|
|Commencement of application sales (OMR and Online)||1st week of December 2017|
|Last date for receiving application (OMR and Online)||Last week of March 2018|
|Computer-based Test (CBT)-Online||3rd week to 4th week of April 2018|
|Pen and Paper based test (P & P)||4th week of April 2018|
|Declaration of AEEE 2018 rank||1st week of May 2018|
AEEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates applying for the B.Tech. programs offered by the Amrita Schools of Engineering, Amrita University should have the following eligibility criteria:
|Criteria||Eligibility for appearing in AEEE – 2018|
|Age||Date of birth must be on or after 1st July 1995|
|Educational Qualification||A pass in 10+2 (Class XII) or its equivalent examination|
|Diploma Holders||Candidates with 3 year diploma in engineering are also eligible|
|Minimum Marks||Securing an aggregate of 60% marks in PCM with not less than 55% in each of these three subjects.|
|Year of passing qualifying examination||Student must have either passed class 12 / qualifying exam in year 2015 or 2016, or is appearing in 2018|
AEEE Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam: The AEEE 2018 will be conducted in two separate modes: Computer Based Test (CBT) and Pen & Paper Based Test. (Candidates can choose either CBT or P&P as per their convenience.)
- Duration: The entrance exam will be 2 ½ hours long.
- Language: The language of question paper will be in English.
- No of Questions: A total 100 questions will be asked.
- Total Marks: The weightage of question paper will be 300 marks.
- Marking Scheme: Correct answer will be awarded 3 marks whereas for the incorrect answer 1 mark will be deducted.
The syllabus given below of AEEE 2018 is prescribed by Amrita University, it contains three subjects – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
AEEE 2018 Syllabus for Mathematics:
- Complex Numbers
- Linear Inequalities
- Permutations and Combinations
- Binomial Theorem
- Sequences and Series
- Matrices and Determinants
- Quadratic Equations
- Relations and Functions
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equations
- Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion
- Two Dimensional Geometry
- The straight line and pair of straight lines
- Circles and Family of Circles
- Conic Sections
- Vector Algebra
- Three Dimensional Geometry
AEEE 2018 Syllabus for Physics:
- Units and dimensions
- Solids and fluids
- Heat and thermodynamics
- Ray and wave optics
- Modern physics
- Electrostatics, current electricity and magnetostatics
- Electromagnetic induction and electromagnetic waves
- Oscillations and waves
AEEE 2018 Syllabus for Chemistry:
- Basic concepts
- Atomic structure, chemical bonding and molecular structure
- Equilibrium and thermodynamics
- Electrochemistry, kinetics and surface chemistry
- Solid state and solutions
- S – block elements
- P – block elements
- D, f – block elements
- Co-ordination compounds
- Basic organic chemistry and techniques
- Hydrocarbons, haloalkanes and haloarenes
- Alcohols, phenols and ethers
- Aldehydes, ketones, carboxylic acids and amines
- Polymers and biomolecules
- Environmental chemistry
- Chemistry in everyday life
Candidates after selection can opt for various programmes which is allotted on the basis of counselling. Following are the programmes offered in various colleges of Amrita University through AEEE 2018.
|Computer Science and Engineering||✓||✓||✓|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||✓||✓||✓|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||✓||✓||✓|
|Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering||✓||✓|
AEEE Admit card 2018
- The university will publish the admit card of AEEE 2018 after the slot selection process is finished.
- The admit card for AEEE 2018 can be downloaded online by entering the application number and date of birth.
- It is mandatory for the candidates to bring the admit card at the day of examination.
- Candidates will be able to find all the information regarding exam like roll number, exam centre, in the admit card.
- The candidates will not be issued admit card by post.
AEEE Result 2018
- The result for AEEE 2018 will be announced by the university after the examination has been successfully completed.
- The result will be expected in the first week of May 2018.
- Candidates can check their result online by entering their registration number, DOB & security code.
- Once the result has been declared a merit list will be prepared depending on the outcome of the result.
- The admission will then proceed on the basis of merit list.
The cut-off of AEEE 2018 will be the minimum marks the candidates will require to be qualified for the exam. It will be released right after the result is announced. Candidates scoring the minimum marks required will then be called for counselling procedure.
AEEE Counselling 2018
- The counselling for AEEE 2018 will be started in the month of May or June 2018.
- A sum of Rs. 5000/- by demand draft as a counselling fee have to be submitted by the Candidates.
- The candidates will not be sent any counselling letter or rank list by post individually.
- The counselling will take place in the three campuses at the same time.
- Candidates can wish to appear for a counselling in any one of the three campuses.
- A branch in any campus have to be selected by the aspirants as per their priority and availability of seat.
Documents Required for Counselling:
The candidates are required to bring these documents at the time of counselling or admission:
- AEEE 2018 Admit Card & Score Card
- Transfer Certificate
- Community Certificate
- 10th class certificate to prove DOB
- 12th class Mark sheets
- 12th class Admit Card
You might also like: Advice from Toppers that will Help you Crack JEE Main & Advanced 2018