BITSAT 2020 stands for Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test.
It is conducted by Birla Institute of Technology & Science, conducted all over India by the Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani.
The test will be conducted only in online mode.
Applicants interested in engineering, pharmacy & science courses can apply for the exam.
In this article, we will provide all the details regarding the BITSAT 2020 exam eligibility, exam pattern, exam dates, syllabus.
BITSAT 2020 Important Exam Dates (Tentative)
Here, we are providing the important dates for BITSAT 2020:
|Release of BITSAT 2020 Application Form||January 2020|
|BITSAT Exam Applying Last Date||March 2020|
|Application form Editing||March 2020|
|Exam centre allotment||March 2020|
|Booking of Slots||3rd week of March to 2nd week of April 2020|
|Release of Hall ticket||Last week of April 2020|
|Date of Exam||Last week of May 2020|
|Admission Process||2nd week of May to Last week of June 2020|
|Release of Admit list & Waitlist||July 2020|
BITSAT 2020 Application Form
The application procedure for BITSAT 2020 is provided below:
- Application for BITSAT 2020 exam can be submitted through online mode.
- Applicants can download the BITSAT 2020 Application Form via online mode by logging into the official website.
- Applicants should register by filling the important details like Name, Gender, DOB, Email, etc.
- Once registration is completed Applicants need to fill other basic details like the 12th exam, test centre venue preference, etc.
- The payment of fee can be done using online or offline mode.
- Once the application form has been submitted, print out an extra copy of the application for future use.
|Female Applicants||Other Applicants|
|RS. 1700/-||Rs. 2200/-|
- Credit or Debit Card, Net Banking and Cash payment at ICICI Bank are also options for payment of the fee.
- If the chosen exam centre is Dubai then both male & female Applicants have to pay $50 or Rs. 3000/- as application fee. In the case of choosing Dubai as an exam centre, then Candidates have to pay the US $ 50 (Rs. 3000/-) for both male & female Applicants.
BITSAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for BITSAT 2020 has been provided below:
- Qualification to be Eligible for courses except for B.Pharma: Applicants must have cleared the 12th exam from any recognized board in India with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics as subjects.
- Qualification to be Eligible for B.Pharma: Applicants must have passed the 10+12th or equivalent exam from their respected board with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics/Biology as their subjects.
- Appearing Candidates: Applicants who are appearing for 12th exams in 2020 or who have passed 12th exams in 2018 are eligible to apply.
- Percentage Criteria: In the 12th exam, Applicants must have obtained 75% marks in PCB/PCM group.
BITSAT 2020 Exam Pattern
The detailed exam pattern is mentioned below:
- Exam Mode: The exam mode will be computer-based, the exam will not be conducted in offline mode.
- Duration: The duration of the exam will 3 hours (no break will be given in between 3 hours).
- Type of Question: Questions asked will be of objective type multiple choice questions (MCQs) based on the syllabus of Class 12th.
- Marking Scheme: Each of the correct answers will be awarded 3 marks.
- Negative Marking: For every wrong answer one mark will be deducted.
- Number of Question: A total of 150 questions will be asked.
|Section||Subject||No. of Question|
|Part III||(a) English Proficiency||15|
|(b) Logical Reasoning||10|
|Part IV||Mathematics/Biology (For B.Pharm)||45|
BITSAT 2020 Syllabus
The Syllabus for BITSAT 2020 will be comprised Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning. It will be strictly based on NCERT syllabus of class 11th and 12th.
Complex numbers, The fundamental theorem of algebra, Theory of Quadratic Equations, Arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, Logarithms and their properties, Exponential series, Permutations and combinations, Binomial theorem, Pascal’s triangle, etc.
Units & Measurement, Kinematics, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Impulse and Momentum, Work and Energy, Rotational Motion, Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, etc.
States of Matter, Atomic Structure, Thermodynamics, Physical and Chemical Equilibria, Electro chemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry, Hydrogen and s-block elements, etc.
Diversity in Living World, Cell – The Unit of Life; Structure and Function, Genetics and Evolution, Structure and Function – Plants, Structure and Function – Animals, Reproduction, Growth and Movement in Plants, etc.
Binary Logic, Verbal Reasoning, Non-verbal Reasoning, Analogy, Puzzle Test, Syllogism, Classification Test, Alphabet Test, Eligibility Test, etc.
Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability, Analogies, Syllogisms, Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms, Conclusion, Composition, Comprehension, Word Formation, etc.
Exams You Might Like
BITSAT 2020 Preparation Strategy
- Have a proper time schedule for preparations.
- Go through your complete syllabus.
- Clear you basic concepts from class 11 and class 12.
- Applicants can also go through the past years question papers to know about the difficulty level of the exam.
- Concern your coaching tutors and school teachers.
- Get the best books and study material.
- Do not take the stress and keep yourself healthy.
BITSAT 2020 Admit Card
BITSAT 2020 Admit Card information is given below:
- The BITS (Pilani) college will release admit card only through the online mode.
- The Applicants can download the admit card by logging into the College website.
- The Applicants are required to carry the admit card with them to the examination hall, failing to do so will result in expulsion from the exam.
- All the important details such as candidate name, exam date, the timing of the exam, exam venue will be mentioned in the admit card.
BITSAT 2020 Result
The details regarding the BITSAT 2020 result is given below:
- The declaration of result will be made via online mode.
- Applicants will need to enter their roll number to check their result on the website.
- Two merit list shall be released after the result has been declared, First will be for other courses and Second will be for B.Pharma courses.
BITSAT 2020 Counseling
The Counseling for BITSAT 2020 will be done in various steps which are mentioned below:
- Applicants who successfully qualify the 10+2 exam will have to fill the application form (Available only through online mode)
- The Applicants must fill their qualifying marks and course preferences in the application form.
- The allotment of seats will be done on the basis of marks scored by the Applicants and filled preferences.
- Once the allotment of seats is done, the admission list will be released.
- After the allotment of college, Candidates will have to confirm their admission by reporting to the college with the required documents and fees.
For any queries regarding BITSAT 2020, please comment below.