Common Aptitude Test in short CAT is a national level management aptitude test administered by Indian Institute of Management IIMs on rotation basis.
CAT provides admission to the Postgraduate Management Courses.
It is compulsory to qualify in the examination of CAT in order to get admission in IIMs.
Various other institutions of India are also considering CAT Score for admission into their institutions.
We provide you with all the information related to CAT 2018 including exam dates, syllabus, admit card, application process etc. in this section.
CAT 2018 Important Dates
Given below are the important dates information provided according to the exam conducting authorities which should be marked in the calendar of the candidate.
The final date to submit the application form will be 3rd week of September 2018.
Examination will be conducted on 4th week of November 2018 and results will be declared on 2nd week of January 2018.
Before applying candidate should check whether they are eligible to apply or not, if the applied candidate does not fulfil the eligibility criteria his application will be rejected.
|Application form will be available from||2nd week of August 2018|
|Last Date to Submit Application form||3rd week of September 2018|
|Correction of Application form||4th to the final week of September 2018|
|Allotment of Admit card||4th week of October 2018|
|Mock test||4th week of October 2018|
|Date of examination||4th week of November 2018|
|Release of Answer key||1st week of December 2018|
|Last date to challenge answer key||2nd week of December 2018|
|Declaration of results||2nd week of January 2019.|
CAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Given below are the information on eligibility criteria that is put by the exam conducting authority.
Candidates should check the eligibility criteria before applying for the examination and should act according to the information given below.
- Should posses degree of Graduation in any discipline from recognized university or college.
- Candidates who are in the final year can also apply, but should submit the certificates before the admission.
- Should posses a minimum of 50% aggregate in the qualifying examination 45% in case of SC, ST, PwD candidates.
- Professional degree holders of CA/CS/ICWA can also apply.
CAT 2018 Exam Pattern
In this section, you will find the Exam Pattern of CMAT 2018
|Exam Mode||Online mode (Computer Based)|
|Duration of Exam||180 minutes|
|Type of Question||Multiple Choice Questions|
|No. of Questions||100|
|Marking Scheme||3 marks for each correct response|
|Negative Marking||1 mark for each incorrect response in MCQs|
|Total no of marks||300|
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
|Verbal ability and reading comprehension||34|
|Data interpretation and logical reasoning||32|
CAT 2018 Syllabus
In this section, candidates will find the syllabus of CAT 2018:
The Syllabus of CAT 2018 is not fixed.
The exam evaluates candidates on the basis of Quantitative ability, verbal ability and reading comprehension, data interpretation and logical reasoning.
Candidates can also practice by giving the mock tests conducted by the exam conducting authorities to know the pattern of the exam very well.
CAT 2018 Application Form
The candidates who are eligible to apply can check the application process of CAT 2018 in this section.
- Candidate should read the information carefully before applying.
- Application form is available in online mode from the official website.
- should submit the application form through online mode before the last date.
- Candidates should register before applying for the examination.
- Candidate should fill all the relevant information that Is mentioned in the application form.
- Candidate should attach the photograph and signature to the application form.
- Candidate should pay the application fee before applying.
- Without paying the application fee, candidate’s application form cannot be submitted.
- Candidate can pay the application fee by choosing net banking/credit/debit cards or can pay through DD.
- It is advised to keep a photocopy of the application form for future reference till the admission process is over.
CAT 2018 Application Fee
- For general / NC-OBC– Rs.1800.
- SC/ST/PD – Rs.900.
CAT 2018 Admit Card
After the successful registration of entrance exam CAT 2018 admit card will be released.
Admit card can be downloaded from the official website by entering their login credentials that generated during the registration process.
The admit card contains all the basic information such as candidate’s full name, roll no, time, venue of the test and some other instructions etc.
Admit card is an important document that should be kept safely by the candidate.
CAT 2018 Results
The exam conducting authorities of CAT 2018 will declare the results of CAT 2018 after the successful completion of the exam.
The results will be declared via online mode, Score card of CAT will be made available.
Candidates can see their results on the official website and will also be informed individually.
Should take the print out of the results and keep it with them till the admission process gets completed.
CAT 2018 Counselling
After the declaration of results candidates will be called for GD/PI.
The selection procedure of IIMs will be different from college to college, each IIM has their own set of criteria’s.
Based on the cut of IIMs, admission will be made.
Final admission will be made based on the performance of the candidate in CAT and as well as PI and GD.