CDAC stands for Centre for Development of Advanced Computing Anticipates Common Admission Test. CDAC provides admission in postgraduate diploma courses.
After qualifying the CDAC Common Admission Test 2019, the aspirant will get admission in Department of Electronics and Information Technology of the Ministry of Communication and IT.
The department is the central body and is governed by the Government of India. Those aspirants who are looking forward to appearing in the CDAC Common Admission Test CAT 2019 must read the full article.
We have provided all the necessary details about the CDAC Common Admission Test CAT 2019.
In this section, you will get all the updates for the CDAC CAT 2019 Application form, Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Important Dates, Syllabus.
CDAC 2019 Notification
Declaration of First Round of Seat Allocation has begun.
The Result for CDAC has been announced, follow the link here, to check your result.
The dates for CDAC CAT 2019 was released by the university, the registration for the exam commenced from 23rd October 2018 and the CDAC CAT exam was conducted on 9th & 16th of December 2018.
CDAC CAT 2019 Important Dates
|1.||Online registration of CDAC Common Admission Test CAT 2019 begins||23 October 2018|
|2.||Online registration of CDAC Common Admission Test CAT 2019 close||3 December 2018|
|3.||Admit card of CDAC Common Admission Test CAT 2019 release||6 – 13 December 2018|
|4.||CDAC Common Admission Test CAT 2019 Exam||CCAT I 09 December 2018|
CCAT II 16 December 2018
|5.||Announcement of C-CAT Ranks||27 December 2018|
|6.||Online counselling Round 1||27 December 2018 – 3 January 2019|
|7.||Declaration of First Round of Seat Allocation||7 January 2019|
|8.||Last Date of Payment of the first installment for candidates allocated seats through the first round||16 January 2019 (till 5 pm)|
|9.||Declaration of Second Round of Seat Allocation||21 January 2019|
|10.||Last Date of Payment of the first installment for candidates allocated seats through the second round||28 January 2019 (till 5 pm)|
|11.||Payment of Caution Deposit and Online selection of course and centre (2nd Counselling)||30 January – 4 February 2019|
|12.||Declaration of the Third Round of Seat Allocation|
(based on 2nd Counselling)
|6 February 2019|
|13.||Last Date of Payment of Balance Course Fee||14 February 2019|
|14.||Registration of Students at Training Centres||18 February 2019|
|15.||Commencement of PG Diploma Courses||19 February 2019|
CDAC CAT 2019 Application Form
- The mode of registration for CDAC Common Admission Test CAT 2019 is online.
- You will first have to register on CDAC official website i.e. www.cdac.in
- Ones you are done, you will get an i.d and password on the registered number or email address.
- Login using that number or email
- Now you can fill the CDAC Common Admission Test CAT 2019 application form.
- After you have filled the personal information and the qualification detail, you will now have to choose the category of the course from among category 1, category 2 and category 3.
- Those selecting category 1 is eligible for PG-DGi course.
- Those who have selected category 2 is eligible for both PG-DGi and category 2
- Those applying for category 3 are eligible for PG-DGi, Category 2 and Category 3
- The candidate must choose the course wisely and fill all the details smartly.
- There is no potion for correction after you have submitted the form.
CDAC Common Admission Test CAT 2019 Registration Fee
In the CDAC Common Admission Test CAT 2019, the aspirant has an option to use their laptop or not.
If the aspirant uses his or her laptop the registration fee decreases by 200 Rs.
The registration fee for CDAC Common Admission Test CAT 2019 is given below:
|Course||CDAC Common Admission Test CAT 2019||Registration fee with laptop||Registration fee without the laptop|
|Category 1||Paper 1||Rs.1000/- +200/-||Rs.1000/-|
|Category 2||Paper 1+2||Rs.1200/-+200/-||Rs.1200/-|
|Category 3||Paper 1+2+3||Rs. 1400/-+200/-||Rs. 1400/-|
CDAC CAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates must have graduated through recognized engineering college or equivalent course (For example; BE/BTech/4-year BSc Engg/AMIE/DoEACC B Level, etc.) in IT / Computer Science/ Electronics/Telecommunications Electrical/Instrumentation or other related areas.
- Or the candidates should have a Post Graduate Degree in Engineering Sciences (For Example; MSc in Computer Science, IT, Electronics, etc.)
- There is no limit to the age for applying.
CDAC CAT 2019 Exam Pattern
- The maximum marks awarded are 150 marks.
- The question paper will carry 4 choices as multiple choice question.
- For every correct answer, +3 marks will be awarded.
- For every wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
- No marks will be allotted for the unattempted question.
CDAC CAT 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus of CDAC Common Admission Test CAT 2019 for Paper 1, Paper 1+2, Paper 1+2+3 are mentioned below:
|Section A||English, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning||1 hour|
|Section B||Computer Fundamentals, C Programming, Data Structures, Data Communication & Networking, Object Oriented Programming Concepts, Operating Systems||1 hour|
|Section C||Computer Architecture, Digital Electronics, Microprocessors||1 hour|
The list of reference books for the various topics of C-CAT. Candidates are, however, advised to read more books than the ones specified in this table.
|A||English||Any High School Grammar Book (e.g. Wren & Martin)|
|Quantitative Aptitude & Reasoning||Quantitative Aptitude Fully Solved (R. S. Aggrawal)|
Quantitative Aptitude (M Tyara)
Barron’s New GRE 2016
|B||Computer Fundamentals||Foundations of Computing (Pradeep Sinha & Priti Sinha)|
|Data Communication & Networking||Data Communication & Networking (Forouzan)|
|C Programming||C Programming Language (Kernighan & Ritchie)|
Let Us C (Yashavant Kanetkar)
|Data Structures||Data Structures Through C in Depth (S. K. Srivastava)|
|Operating Systems||Operating System Principles (Silberschatz, Galvin, Gagne)|
|OOP Concepts||Test Your C ++ Skills (Yashavant Kanetkar)|
|C||Computer Architecture||Computer Organization & Architecture (William Stallings)|
|Digital Electronics||Digital Design (Morris Mano)|
Digital Design: Principles & Practices (John Wakerly)
Modern Digital Electronics (R. P. Jain)
|Microprocessors||Microprocessor Architecture, Programming & Applications with 8085 (Ramesh Gaonkar)|
The Intel Microprocessor (Barry Brey)
CDAC CAT 2019 Admit Card
In this section, the students will find the details regarding the admit card for CDAC CAT 2019.
- Admit cards will be released on 07-14 December 2018.
- The candidates need to have their admit card kept at a safe place, as they will have to carry the admit card along with them during the examination day.
- The candidate without admit card on the examination day might get expelled from examination hall.
CDAC CAT 2019 Result
The CDAC Common Admission Test CAT 2019 result will be announced on 27 December 2018.
The aspirants who have appeared in the CDAC Common Admission Test CAT 2019 can check their result on the official website of CDAC, i.e., https://www.cdac.in/index.aspx?id=edu_acts_PGDiplomaAdmission
- The result can be corrected by entering the i.d and password provided at the time of registering.
- After logging in the candidate will have to enter their registration number to check the result.
- The result will consist of the rank scored by the candidate.
- There is no scorecard available.
- Those who have appeared for different courses must check each course rank separately.
- The aspirants who have qualified the CDAC Common Admission Test CAT 2019 will have to appear for the online counseling.
- The candidates will be allotted seat in the counseling session.
- Those who have been allotted seat will be given some time to visit the center and pay the first installment of the fee.
- Those who pay the fee only their seat will be reserved.
CDAC CAT 2019 Counselling
Here, the candidates will find details about the counseling procedure for CDAC CAT 2019.
- The process for counseling will begin a few days once the result has been declared.
- First counseling will be from 28 December 2018 – 4 January 2019. All the rank holders will be invited for counseling.
- Admissions will be strictly by the rank obtained by the candidates.
- The second round of counseling will be from 19 January 2019.
- The allotment of the seats will be done on the merit basis, availability of seats, category, and choices filled by candidates.
- Once the seats have been allotted, candidates will report to the college allotted in order to confirm their admission.
CDAC CAT 2019 FAQ’S
For any queries regarding CDAC CAT, please comment below.