Centac is conducted for admissions into various undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the field of engineering, pharmacy etc by the Central Admission Committee. The application form has been released on 7th June 2018.
The admission process is conducted by the Central Admission Committee for admission into various government and private colleges of Puducherry and other states/UTs.
There is no entrance exam conducted, merit list is prepared on the basis of 10+2 scores and the students are admitted to the colleges on the basis of there 12th class score.
This article contains the important details about the Central Admission Committee.
CENTAC 2018 Important Dates
This section contains the list the important dates of CENTAC 2018.
|Online Application Availability||7th June 2018|
|Last Date of form submission||15th June 2018|
|Last Date of receipt of online printout||2nd week of June 2018|
|Merit List Published||4th week of June 2018|
|Counselling Start date||4th week of July 2018|
CENTAC 2018 Eligibility Criteria
This section contains the important details about the eligibility criteria of CENTAC.
- Age criteria: For BAMS the minimum age to apply is 17 years and for BTech, the maximum age is 21 years and there is a relaxation of 3 years for SC candidates.
- Nationality: The candidates need to be a citizen of India but French nationals covered by the terms of the Treaty of Cession and residing in the UT of Puducherry will also be eligible to participate in CENTAC 2018.
- Education Qualification: The candidate should have passed 10+2 from a recognized board of our country. The aggregate minimum of 45% marks should be scored in Mathematics, Physics or any one of the following optional subjects: Chemistry/ Bio-Technology/ Computer Science/ Biology by the candidate(40% for SC candidate).
CENTAC 2018 Reservation Criteria
There is a percentage of seats that are reserved for different categories in CENTAC. This section contains the details about the reservation policy of CENTAC.
|S.No||Categories||Percentage of Reservation|
|2||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||11%|
|3||Backward Classes Muslims (BCM)||2%|
|4||Most Backward Classes (MBC)||18%|
|5||Extreme Backward Classes (EBC)||2%|
|6||Backward Tribes (BT)||1%|
|7||Scheduled Caste (SC)||16%|
|1||Children/ Grand Children of Freedom Fighter (FF)||4%|
|2||Physically Challenged (PH)||3%|
|3||Wards of Ex-Servicemen (EX)||3%|
|4||Candidate who are Meritorious in Sports (SP)||1%|
CENTAC 2018 Application Form
This section contains the important details of the application form of CENTAC.
- The application form will be available on the official website of CENTAC.
- The application form will be available from 7th of June till 15th of June.
- Candidates are advised to fill correct information in the application form.
- Students have to upload a scanned copy of the photograph.
- Students have to fill a separate application form for Law courses.
- Students can apply for more than one course.
- After filling the application form the student needs to take a printout of the application and send it to the address given below.
CENTAC office PEC Campus, Pillaichavady,
Puducherry – 605 014
CENTAC 2018 Application Fee
|Course||Fee(General category)||Fee(Reserved Category)|
CENTAC 2018 Counselling
This section contains the important details about the counselling process of CENTAC.
- The counselling process is going to start from the 4th week of June 2018.
- Before counselling, students will be called for the document verification.
- Students have to carry their original documents to the center allotted to them.
- The will be a counselling letter sent to the selected students via mail. The selected candidates need to take the printout of the counselling letter.
- Candidates are called for the counselling on the basis of rank.