Not Announced | Official Website
CLAT 2019 Application Form will release in the month January 2019.
CLAT (Common Law Admission Test), is an entrance exam which is one of the most popular exams among students seeking admission in India’s best Law Colleges.
It is considered to be student’s all-time favourite exams in order to achieve their aim of studying in India’s best colleges.
It provides them with an opportunity for the students to make their dream come true.
The major factor which makes it an important Examination is that 18 NLU (National Law Universities) conducts it rotationally.
It is the All India Level Examination and scores obtained here helps the student seeking admission in one of the finest Law Colleges in India, whether it is a private college or government college.
The details related to the CLAT application form, registration, exam dates, and syllabus is provided here for the students seeking admission in integrated L.L.B. and L.L.M. program.
CLAT 2019 Notification
University has not released anything yet regarding CLAT 2019. The section will be updated once there is an official announcement.
CLAT 2019 Important Exam Dates
Here we have mentioned all the official exam date and events related to CLAT 2019:
|Online Application Form||January 2019|
|Online Fee Payment||January – 31st March 2019|
|Offline Challan Payment||January – 21st March 2019|
|Closing date of Application Submission||March 2019|
|printing/downloading application||May 2019|
|Admit Card||April 2019|
|Publishing of Answer Key||May 2019|
|Closure of Admission||July 2019|
CLAT 2019 Application Form
In this section, the details related to the CLAT 2019 application form has been provided:
- The forms have been uploaded in the month of January 2019.
- It can only be filled online, no other options are allowed.
- Rs 4000 /- for General and OBC
- Rs 3500 /- for SC/ST categories
CLAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
This section will define the qualifications required for appearing in the CLAT 2019 examination:
The eligibility criteria for undergraduate and postgraduate law courses is given below.
For UG Courses:
- Age: No upper age limit for CLAT 2019
- Qualification: The candidate should have passed the 12th examination with minimum 45% (40% for SC/ST)
Candidates appearing for 12th class examination are also eligible for filling the application form.
For PG Courses:
- Qualifying Examination: The minimum qualification to apply for LLM is LL.B./Five-Year Integrated LL.B. (Hons.)/ any other equivalent exam.
- Minimum Marks: Minimum percentage of marks is 55% in the qualifying examination for unreserved /OBC/Specially-abled Persons (SAP). For SC/ST, the minimum marks are 50%.
- Applicants: Candidates appearing in the qualifying exam in April/May 2019 can also apply.
- Age Limit: No prescribed maximum age limit for PG courses
CLAT 2019 Exam Pattern
The pattern for CLAT 2019 UG and PG exams are given below:
The student should be clear about the exam pattern so that they can focus on how to prepare for the exams.
For UG Courses:
- Courses: The exam will be held for integrated UG law courses.
- Mode of examination: The mode of exam is online.
- Type of questions: MCQ type questions will be there with maximum marks 200.
- Exam duration: It is a 2 hour exam
- Question paper medium: The question paper will be in English only
- Marking Scheme: For each write answer 1 mark will be awarded
- Negative marking: 0.25 negative marking in case of wrong answers.
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|English including Comprehension||40 Questions||40 Marks|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||50 Questions||50 Marks|
|Elementary Mathematics||20 Questions||20 Marks|
|Legal Aptitude||50 Questions||50 Marks|
|Logical Reasoning||40 Questions||40 Marks|
|Total||200 Questions||200 Marks|
For PG Courses:
- Courses: The examination of CLAT will be held to get admission in post-graduate law courses (i.e. LL.M.).
- Mode of Examination: the exam will be held only in online mode (Computer Based Test).
- Type of Questions: MCQ type questions will be there in the paper of maximum marks 150.
- Exam Duration: 2 hours will be the time given for completing the exam.
- Question Paper Medium: English is the only medium.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded.
- Negative Marking: 0.25 mark will be subtracted for each wrong answer.
Number of Questions
|Constitutional Law||50 Questions||50 Marks|
|Jurisprudence||50 Questions||50 Marks|
|Other law subjects||50 Questions||50 Marks|
|Total||150 Questions||150 Marks|
CLAT 2019 Syllabus
Syllabus for CLAT UG course is quite understood as it is a law relating exam so it must contain some wide area.
Namely, subjects are mentioned below:
- English including Comprehension
- General Knowledge
- Mathematics (till class 10)
- Legal Aptitude
- Legal Reasoning
And for PG courses there are subjects like Constitutional Law, Jurisprudence and other law subjects such as Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, Environment Law and Human Rights which must be covered.
CLAT 2019 Admit Card
The details related to CLAT 2019 admit card has been provided in this section:
- It will be available in the month of April 2019 online itself.
- Admit is compulsory to carry in the examination hall.
- Candidates must preserve the admit card till the end of the admission process.
CLAT 2019 Result
In this section, the CLAT 2019 result details has been provided:
- Will be declared in the month of May 2019 online on the official site itself.
- Score and rank will be mentioned in the result.
CLAT 2019 Counseling
In this section, the details for CLAT 2019 counselling has been provided:
- Counselling will take place in the month of June 2019.
- It shall contain 4 rounds.
- Seats will allot on the merit basis.
- Selected candidates will have to pay Rs 50,000 with the CLAT office.
For any queries regarding CLAT 2019, please comment below.