DU DSE M.A (Economics) (Delhi School of Economics Department), Delhi University offers M.A. in Economics.
The M.A in Economics is a 2-year full-time programme consisting of 15 courses, of which six are compulsory core courses and nine are elective/optional courses.
The programmes last for a period of four years of initial admission.
Semester I involves the study of Microeconomic Theory, Introductory Mathematical Economics, Introductory Econometrics.
In Semester II students study Macroeconomic Theory, Markets, Institutions and Economic Growth, Economic Development & Policy in India, and One optional paper.
Semester 03 and 04 have Four optional papers each.
DU DSE M.A (Economics) 2018 Important Dates
|The start date for online Registration||2nd week of June 2018|
|Registration closes||4th week of June 2018|
|Exam dates||Yet to be announced.|
DU DSE M.A (Economics) 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Indian Students (General Category):
Indian Nationals can get admission through two modes Direct/Merit Mode or Entrance Test Mode. However, for each mode, there is a percentage of marks to be fulfilled:
- Direct/Merit Mode: A candidate must have secured at least 60% aggregate in B.A. Economics (Hons)
- Entrance Test Mode: A candidate must have secured at least 60% or equivalent CGPA in any UnderGraduate/Postgraduate degree in any subject.
A foreign national may be given choice to choose either take a Departmental test or submit their GRE Scores along with 2 recommendation letters from their 2 academic referees.
- Entrance Test: Those who choose to appear for the entrance test must fill the ONLINE form and apply within the prescribed.
- GRE Scores: Candidate must display a high level of mathematical competence through marks obtained in graduation at the university studied and in GRE test. After filling the form, you might be asked to send it to the university officials.
DU DSE M.A (Economics) 2018 Exam Pattern
You must have the knowledge what is taught at DU in B.A. (Honours) Economics programme. Your basics should be clear and you must have knowledge of the following topics:
- Macroeconomic theory.
- Microeconomic theory.
- Mathematical techniques used by economists.
- Probability, statistics and elementary econometrics.
Paper consists of multiple choice question (MCQ) and for each correct entry, 4 marks will be awarded and -1 for a negative answer.
The exam is in offline mode and you have to use a black or blue pen to mark the bubble on OMR sheet and mark it correctly.
In the written test, a candidate must secure minimum percentage of marks.
The minimum qualifying marks in the Entrance Test as per last year was 40% (General category), 36% (OBC category), and 20% (SC/ST category).
DU DSE M.A (Economics) 2018 Application Form
The students have to purchase the application form from the authorised centres.
All the application form have to be filled with blue/ black ball pen.
The application can be applied to the official portal of the University.
The application fee will also pay by DD. And the completely filled application form needs to be sent to the official address of DU.
Examination – DU DSE M.A (Economics) 2018
Category: University Level
Name of conducting Body: Delhi University
Specialisation: M.A in Economics
The different fee structure for different categories.
The application fee for General/ OBC category is 500 rupees.
And the application fee for SC/ ST category will be 300 Rupees only.
The fee can be paid online or offline mode at respective centres through DD (Demand Draft).
DU DSE M.A (Economics) 2018 Admission Procedure
- As per University guideline, 50% seats are reserved for the students who have passed B.A in economics from the University of Delhi.
- The minimum qualifying marks for different categories are different. For the General candidate, 40%, for OBC candidate 36% and for SC/ST candidate 20% marks are the minimum qualifying marks.
- Students of Delhi University can appear in the entrance exam in their own interest (Not necessary).
DU DSE 2018 Shortlisting & Counselling
- The candidate will be shortlisted on the basis of the entrance exam. The qualified candidates will be called for the counselling process. There may be an official interview with the candidate.
- The Candidate should bring all the educational certificates, mark sheets and the related Degree.
- The Candidate should have to show the caste certificate as per reservation criteria.
- The candidate has to submit a character certificate from the last college.
- Passport size photos, domicile, IDs and related documents as per University rules.