Delhi School of Journalism is the newly established school of Delhi University.
It was established last year and is gaining popularity slowly.
Five-year integrated Program in Journalism is the newly introduced programme by Delhi University in Delhi School of Journalism.
The programme will be taught in both languages English and Hindi.
The degree of Bachelor of Journalism will be awarded to the students who will leave after 3 years, Degree of Master of Journalism is awarded to the students who will study 5 years in the respected course.
Students who are seeking admission to this course can apply for the entrance exam and prepare accordingly.
In this section, you will find all the related information about Delhi University Journalism Entrance Exam 2018 such as Eligibility criteria, important dates, Syllabus, Results, Counselling process etc.
DU Journalism Overview
General – 30
OBC – 16
SC – 09
ST – 05
PwD – 03
CW – 03
Foreign students – 03
DU Journalism Exam Dates
The entrance exam will be in the 3rd week of September.
The last date to submit the application form would be 2nd week of September 2018, candidates should check the eligibility criteria before applying for the same.
Candidates should fill the application form before the last date of the application ends.
|Starting date of online registration||4th week of August 2018|
|Last date to submit registration||2nd week of Sep 2018|
|Allotment of admit card||Before the exam|
|Date of examination||3rd week of September 2018|
|Declaration of result||4th week of Sep 2018|
|Admission list||4th week of Sep 2018|
|Counselling||4th week of Sep 2018|
|Commencement of classes||Sep 2018|
DU Journalism Eligibility Criteria
Applying candidates should match the following criteria in order to apply or to appear in entrance exam.
Follow is the information provided by Delhi University.
- Age limit – can check the age limit from Delhi School of Journalism
- Candidates should complete 10th Class or equivalent qualification from the renowned board for admission into Bachelors Course.
- Students Must Complete Graduation/ Degree with any Discipline from the reputed university for admission into Master’s Degree.
DU Journalism Exam Pattern and Syllabus
Candidate should have strong knowledge of Current affairs, Analytical and Comprehension skills and General Knowledge.
The exam is designed comparably with 12th class students.
DU Journalism Application Form
- Candidates should the prospectus carefully that is available on the official website.
- Candidates should make sure that they eligible to apply.
- Candidate can apply in online mode.
- candidate should submit the form in online mode.
- Online application form is available on the official website.
- Aspirants need to register by providing all the basic details before applying.
- After registering student is provide with online application form and he should fill all the details that are mentioned accordingly
- The student should attach the Passport size photograph, Signature, and all the documents.
- Student should pay the application fee in order to successfully register for the examination.
- Without the payment of application fee, no student will be given permission registered to give the exam.
- Can pay the application fee either by debit/credit/net banking.
- Should take the print out after successfully registering.
DU Journalism Application Fee
The application fee for Delhi University Entrance Exam 2018.
Following are the details of the application fee that has to be paid by the aspirants.
UR/OBC – INR 500
SC/ST/PwD – INR 250
DU Journalism Cut Off Marks
Cut off marks will be decided by considering all the following
- Number of candidates appeared for the test
- Number of vacancies
- Reservation criteria
- Last year cut off
- The difficulty level of the paper.
DU Journalism Admit Card
Admit card will be issued before few weeks of the examination.
It can be downloaded through online mode from the admission portal of DU.
Admit card contains the basic details of the applying candidate such as candidate name, candidate signature, photograph, test related information, address, time, seat number, centre etc.
In order to download the admit card, the candidate needs to fill in the details such as email id and the password.
It is mandatory for students to bring in the admit card to write the test.
The student should bring photo id proof along with the admit card.
Without any one of the above-mentioned details, the candidate will not be allowed to give the examination.
It is suggested to keep the admit card with the student till all the process of admission gets completed.
The student should show the admit card whenever the examiner asks for it.
DU Journalism Result
Delhi University releases the results of Delhi university Journalism entrance exam 2018 in pdf format.
The pdf will consist of the selected candidates name, roll number, marks obtained, rank secured in online entrance test for DU journalism admission.
DU Journalism Counselling
Counselling will be held after the declaration of the result, only the rank holders will be called for counselling.
The student should bring all the relevant documents along with them during the counselling process.
Counselling is strictly based on the performance of the candidate.