Not Announced | Official Website
It is the first agricultural university in India on 17th November 1960 which was inaugurated by Jawaharlal Nehru as Uttar Pradesh Agricultural University, and after that, the name was changed to Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology.
It was changed in the memory of Pandit Govind Ballabh Pant who was the first chief minister of Uttar Pradesh. The university also accepts jee main as one of the ways to get admission. It is recognized by UGC, AICTE. It has a sprawling campus which comprises 10016 acres.
The admission will be made on the merit of the student in the competitive examination conducted by the University. A candidate seeking admission in B.tech programme has to appear in the jee main conducted by NTA, marks obtained in JEE will be the basis for admission.
In this article, you will get all the updates for GBPUAT 2020: Application form, Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Important Dates, Syllabus.
|Must Buy Books For GBPUAT Preparation|
GBUAT 2020 Important Exam Dates
Following are the details for undergraduate courses and postgraduate courses.
|For UG, Masters, MCA and Ph.D. programmes|
|The online application will be available||3rd week of February 2020|
|Last date to submit application form||4th week of March 2020|
|Last date for receipt of print out of online application form for UG, Masters, MCA, and Ph.D. programmes.||2nd week of Apr 2020|
|Admit card allotment||3rd week of May 2020|
|Ph.D. and Masters Entrance Exam||1st week of June 2020|
|Date of Undergraduate and M.C.A Entrance Exam||1st week of June 2020|
|Declaration of result||On or before 3rd week of June 2020|
|Counselling||To be Announced|
|For M.Tech programme & Sponsored candidates for all programmes|
|The Online application form will be available||3rd week of February 2020|
|Last date to submit the application form||4th week of April 2020|
|Last date for receipt of print out of online application form for M.Tech. programme & Sponsored candidates for Masters’, M.Tech and PhD programmes.||2nd week of May 2020|
|Release of Admit cards||3rd week of May 2020|
|M.Tech programme & Sponsored candidates entrance exam||May 2020|
|Declaration of Result||June 2020|
GBPUAT 2020 Application Form
In this section, we will talk about the GBPUAT 2020 application form:
- Candidates should read the prospectus carefully that is available on the official website of GB Pant University.
- Candidates should make sure that they are eligible to apply.
- Students should apply online form, which is available on its official website.
- Students should fill out all the required information to apply.
- Candidate should pay the application fee.
- No candidate is registered without paying the required application fee.
- Can pay the application fee by e-challan or can opt for net banking or by debit card.
- Candidates should provide a photograph image, signature image, and left-hand thumb impression at the time of filling the application form.
- The dimension of the photograph is 200*230 pixels.
- Size should be 20kb – 50kb.
- The signature should be of the student.
- The candidate will be disqualified if the signature provided in the application form does not match at the time examination.
- Should provide left-hand thumb impression.
- Candidates are supposed to fill the application form online but should take printout and submit it through the post.
They should send all the following documents
- Print out of confirmation page
- Fee receipt copy
- Category and weightage certificate
- Mark sheet of qualifying examination
- High school certificate
GBPUAT 2020 Application Fee
The application fee for GBPUAT will remain the same as the last year; it may also increase in this year.
Following are the details of the application fee that has to be paid by the aspirants.
General and OBC – RS 1,200 (One Thousand Two Hundred Rupees)
SC/ST/PH – RS 600 (Six Hundred Rupees Only)
GBUAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
In this section, the candidates will find out about the eligibility criteria about the GBPUAT 2020 examination.
For Undergraduate Programmes
- B.Sc. Agriculture: Passed Intermediate Agriculture/Science with Mathematics or Biology.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Community Science /B.Sc. (Food Technology): Passed Intermediate with Science, Mathematics or Biology.
- B. V. Sc. & A.H: The applicants should have cleared his/her Intermediate with Science including Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English or equivalent examination.
General Category: Requires a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
Reserved Categories (OBC, SC & ST): Requires a minimum of 47.5% marks in aggregate in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
For B.Tech Programme
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 examination or its equivalent to apply for B.Tech.
- The subjects in 10+2 have to be Physics and Mathematics with Chemistry/ Biotechnology/Computer Science/ Biology being any one of the optional subjects.
For Master’s Programmes
- Passed major in Agricultural Economics -B.Sc. in Agriculture/ Fisheries/Forestry/ Horticulture/ Home Sc./Agril. Marketing.
- Passed majors in Agril. Engineering (Farm Machinery & Power Engg.) and Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University/Institute.
- Passed majors in Clothing & Textiles – B.Sc. Home Science/Home Economics/Family & Community Sciences with Intermediate Science.
- Passed majors in Plant Physiology – B.Sc. in Agriculture/ Zoology, Botany and Chemistry/ Horticulture/ Microbiology with Chemistry/B.Sc. Forestry.
For Ph.D. Programmes
- Passed majors in Agricultural Economics – M.Sc.Ag. Agril. Economics/Rural Banking & Agril. Eco. or M.Sc. Dairy Economics/Livestock Economics/ Forest Economics.
- Passed majors in Electrical Engineering – Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engg./Electrical & Electronics Engg. from a recognized University/Institute and Masters’ degree in the field of Electrical Engg. From a recognized University/ Institute.
- Passed major in Human Nutrition – M.Sc. in Foods & Nutrition/Food Science & Tech./ Nutrition/Nutrition & Dietetics/ Food Science & Nutrition.
- Passed major in Biochemistry – M.Sc. Ag./M.Sc. in Biochemistry/ Microbiology/ Molecular Biology & Biotech./Chemistry/Agril. Chemicals /Foods & Nutrition/ Biophysics/ Biotechnology.
GBPUAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Following is the information related to the exam pattern of GBPUAT 2020:
For Ph.D. Programmes
- Research Methodology (quantitative statistical methods, basic computer applications, research ethics, and data interpretation) test (50%)
- The question paper for GBPUAT will be of MCQ types.
- Subject matter test (50%).
For Masters programmes and MCA programme
- Aptitude Test and Subject Matter Test.
- The starting 45 minutes will be for Aptitude Test, and after that, question booklet for group-wise Subject Matter Test paper will be distributed as per the option of the candidates (based on their qualifying examination) and major-wise.
For all Undergraduate Programmes
- There shall be one common Entrance Examination objective type with objective questions.
- The exam will be of three hours duration.
- The exam will contain one question paper carrying 600 marks.
- The bilingual question paper in English and Hindi will be supplied.
GBPUAT 2020 Syllabus
B.Tech: Aspirants need to study Mathematics, Physics, Biology, Zoology, Chemistry, Agriculture class 12th.
Click here to download the detailed GBPUAT 2020 Syllabus.
GBPUAT 2020 Cut-Off Marks
Cut off marks of GBPUAT is dependent on many factors
- No of students appeared
- No of candidates passed the exam
- Difficulty level
- No of vacancies
|Must Buy Books For GBPUAT Preparation|
GBPUAT 2020 Admit Card
- Admit card will be issued during the 1st week of May 2020.
- It can be downloaded through online mode from the official website of GBPUAT.
- Admit card contains the necessary details of the applying candidate such as candidate name, address, seat number, center, etc.
- To download the admit card, the candidate needs to fill in the details that are mentioned at the time of applying for the examination.
- It is mandatory for students to bring in the admit card to write the test.
- It is suggested to keep the admit card with the student until all the process of admission is completed.
GBPUAT 2020 Entrance Result
- Results of GBPUAT will be declared in June 2020 tentatively.
- Exam participants can check their results by logging into result portal website of GBPUAT.
- Candidates have to enter the details mentioned on the admit card to view the results.
- Only the qualified students are eligible to appear in GBPUAT 2020 counselling.
- The counselling process will be strictly based on the performance of the students.
GBPUAT 2020 Counselling
- Counselling will begin in a few days after the declaration of the result, i.e., 2nd week of July 2020 tentatively.
- All the eligible candidates will be invited for counselling.
- Admissions will be strictly based on the marks obtained by the candidates.
- Qualified candidates should bring all the original documents with them.
- It is mandatory to pay the fee on time; his/her admission can be cancelled if the students are failed to pay the fee on time.
|GBPUAT Other Important Articles|
|Admit Card||Exam Pattern||Cut off|
GBPUAT 2020 FAQ’S
For any queries regarding GBPUAT 2020, please comment below.