GMAT stands for Graduate Management Admission Test. The test is organised by the Graduate Management Admission Council in order to select the candidates for the admission in MBA programme across the world.
Graduate Management Admission Test is a type of Computer Adaptive Test that is CAT
This test helps the GMAT authority to determine the analytical, writing, verbal, reading and quantitative ability of the aspirants in English.
This test can be taken 5 times in one year, separated by a gap of 16 days.
According to the Graduate Management Admission Council, the GMAT helps the authority measure the writing, logical reasoning, mathematical ability and problem-solving skills of the applicant.
The GMAT score is accepted by more than 2000 Business and Management institutions across the world.
More than 5000 courses are based on the result of Graduate Management Admission Test score.
The exam is carried out in 114 countries across the world in nearly 600 exam centres.
GMAT 2019 Important Dates
There is no such important date for GMAT. The applicants can appear 5 times in a year for GMAT with an interval of 16 days minimum.
|Recent events of GMAT 2019||Date|
|Application Form Release||August 2018|
|Application Close||December 2018|
|Interview city changing (optional) close date||December 2018|
|Result release||Date January 2019|
|Result Final||March 2019|
*Note: Exam is conducted on the date chosen by the candidates.
GMAT 2019 Registration
- The registration of GMAT goes on throughout the year.
- The registration for 2019 will begin in August 2018
- The closing date of registration is in the month of December 2018.
- The registration can be done online.
- The applicant can choose the suitable date for the exam for themselves.
- In case, the applicant wishes to reschedule the exam, he or she can do so according to their convenience.
- The applicants must keep a print out copy of the duly filled application form.
GMAT 2019 Registration Fee
- The registration fee for GMAT 2019 is the US $250 or Rs. 17027.50/–
- In case the candidate wishes to reschedule the exam, he or she has to pay the US $80.
- The payment mode is online using JCB card, Master card, Visa card, Credit card, Debit card or American Express.
- In case the applicant wishes to pay the fee offline, he or she may pay it through Money Order, Cashier Check or Personal check.
GMAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- The educational qualification eligibility criteria are different in different institutions.
- The minimum educational requirement is Bachelors Degree from a recognized university or board.
- There is no maximum age bar for candidates appearing in Graduate Management Admission Test.
- The minimum age limit is 18 normally. In case the age of the applicant is between 13 and 17, he or she must provide a no objection letter from the parents.
- The applicant can apply minimum 5 times in a year with the gap of 16 days.
GMAT 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus of GMAT comprises of:
- Quantitative section- Data Sufficiency and Problem Solving
- Analytical writing Section- Analysis of Argument
- Verbal Skills- Reading Comprehension, Critical Reasoning, Sentence Correction
- Integrated Reasoning- Multi-Source Reasoning, Graphics Interpretation, Two-part Analysis, Table Analysis
- The questions pattern of GMAT 2019 is given below.
GMAT 2019 Exam Pattern
|Total Duration||3 hours 30 minute|
|Total Number of Questions||80|
|Total Score Range||200 to 800|
|Types of Questions|
|Subjects||Types of Questions||Marks|
|Analytical writing||1 question||30 Minutes|
|Integrated Reasoning||12 questions||30 Minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||31 questions||75 Minutes|
|Verbal Skills||36 questions||75 Minutes|
GMAT 2019 Result
- The GMAT 2019 score will be available to check in the center where the applicant has given his or her test.
- The results are available 3 weeks after the test is taken.
- The scorecard range is mentioned below
- Analytical Writing 0 to 6
- Integrated Reasoning 1 to 8
- Quantitative Aptitude 0 to 60
- Verbal Skills 0 to 60
- This scorecard determines whether you are eligible for the college or institution where you are applying or not.
- In case, you wish to better your scores, you will have to reappear in the exam.
- The score is valid for 5 years
- This score is valid in many educational institutes.
- Many a time, this score of yours will help you to get jobs too.