GSAT stands for General Science Admission Test, which is organized by Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management University.
It is organized for the candidates who wish to apply for several UG and PG courses related to science in Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management GTAM.
Ones selected, the candidate can get admission in 3 campuses of GITAM all across India; those are Vishakhapatnam, Bangaluru, and Hyderabad.
The Vishakhapatnam campus offers 8 different undergraduate courses and 9 different postgraduate courses for GSAT.
The Hyderabad campus offers 1 course for under graduation and 2 courses for post-graduation.
The Bangaluru campus offers 4 courses for under graduation. There is no post graduation course in Bangaluru campus.
The GSAT exam is conducted in different states across India and the candidates get their centre according to their preference.
This section consists of the information related to GSAT 2019: Important Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Result, and Admission.
GSAT 2019 Important Dates
If you are one of those aspiring candidates who wish to be a Science graduate or post graduate, fasten your seat belts tight as GTAM is here to conduct GSAT exam for entrance in several UG and PG courses. below mentioned are the important dates related to GSAT 2019
|Online Registration||March 2019|
|Last Date Of Registration-PG||April 2019|
|Last Date of Registration- UG||May 2019|
|Exam Date-PG||May 2019|
|Exam Date-UG||June 2019|
|Result PG||May 2019|
|Result UG||June 2019|
|Counselling||Yet To Be Announced|
GSAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
|Criteria||Eligibility for appearing in GSAT 2019|
|For both UG and PG||Must be a resident of India.|
|UG Courses||10+2 in either in Physic, Chemistry Maths or Physics, Chemistry, Biology.|
|60% Marks in Secondary School Certificate or Equivalent Examination.|
|Students Appearing in 2019 10+2 exam.|
|PG Courses||Minimum 50% in Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent exam.|
|Bachelors Degree in the relevant subject.|
|Students appearing in 2019 graduation final semester exam.|
Application Procedure GSAT 2019
- GSAT forms are available both online and offline.
- To find the online form, one needs to visit the official website of GITAM, http://www.gitam.edu
- In case the aspirant needs an offline form, he or she needs to write a letter to the principal of GITAM on a plain sheet mentioning all the important details. The aspirant must also attach a demand draft of Rs.550 in the name of the principal of GITAM, payable at any bank of Vishakhapatnam.
- The student who wishes to apply for different subjects needs to register differently for each subject and pay the different registration fee for each subject.
- One needs to have the photograph, signature and all the other important documents scanned before filling the form.
- In case of offline form filling the applicant must fill the form neatly in English. The words must be in upper case, the form must be filled in the applicant’s own handwriting and there must be no overwriting in the form. Use of either black or blue ball pen is essential.
Important Documents to be attached while filling the GITAM –GSAT form
- Date Of Birth mentioned in the certificate of 10th.
- Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate of 10+2 for UG and Bachelor’s or any equivalent exam passing certificate /Degree for PG Courses
- Caste certificate in case of ST/SC/OBC or Minority certified by the authority
- Medical certificate certified by the authority
- Identity proof
- Address Proof
Result GSAT 2019
The GSAT is conducted in the month of May every year. After the exams, the results are announced in June every year. The applicants need to check their results on the GITAM official website by entering their roll number in the required section. Those who qualify the GSAT exam are further selected for Counselling procedure.
Note: There is no option for personal notification. The candidates need to check their result on the official website itself.
Counselling GSAT 2019
All the GSAT qualified candidates are expected to keep on checking the official website of GITAM. The counselling dates are announced on the site and there is no personal notification sent to any aspirant. In case, the candidate misses the date, there is no other option to apply. He or she will no longer be an applicant of GITAM.
Admission Procedure GSAT 2019
Aspirants who fulfil all the eligibility criteria and attend the counselling are at last tested on the basis of GSAT. Those who qualify for GSAT test are awarded certain rank. On the basis of this rank, the aspirants are allotted seat in the college according to their preference.