Not Announced | Official Website
Horticulture University conducts HORTICET that is Horticulture Common Entrance Test. This test is also known as the Pre-agriculture exam.
HORTICET is conducted every year by the Horticulture/agriculture University. This entrance test is conducted for the admission of candidates in agriculture courses.
On qualifying Horticulture Common Entrance Test (HORTICET) the candidate gets admission in Undergraduate courses like Bachelor of Science, B.Sc honors programme. The aspirant looking ahead to appear in the Horticulture Common Entrance Test 2019 must scroll down to read the full article.
We have mentioned all the necessary information related to Horticulture Common Entrance Test 2019, below.
The information comprises Horticulture Common Entrance Test 2019 Registration, Important Dates, Syllabus, and Result.
HORTICET 2019 Overview
|Conducting Body||Dr.Y.S.R. Horticultural University, Venkataramannagudem|
|Mode of Exam||Offline Mode|
|Medium of Exam||Telugu Language|
|Duration of Exam||120 minutes (2 hours)|
|Type and Number of Questions||Objective types questions, 200 MCQs|
|Courses Offered||B.Sc. (Hons.) Horticulture|
|Number of Seats||47|
HORTICET 2019 Quick Links
|Admit Card||Exam Pattern||Cut off|
HORTICET 2019 Important Date
The candidates applying for the HORTICET 2019 must go through the date sheet mentioned below:
|Application Form Open||May 2nd week 2019|
|Application Form Close||July 1st week 2019|
|Admit Card Release Date||July 4th week 2019|
|HORTICET 2019 Date of Exam||August 1st week 2019|
|Result Announcement||August 4th week 2019|
HORTICET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The aspirants who wish to appear in the HORTICET 2019 must check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form.
The eligibility criteria of Horticulture Common Entrance Test 2019 are mentioned below:
- The aspirant must be an Indian
- The aspirant must hold the certificate of 2-year diploma in horticulture.
- The diploma certificate must be of Horticulture University, Andhra Pradesh.
- The candidate must have completed the age of 17 years.
- The candidate must not exceed the age limit of 22 years.
- The age relaxation is given to the candidate of reserved category.
- For SC/ST candidate the age limit is 26 years.
- Those who are physically challenged candidate, the maximum age limit is 28 years.
- Appearing Applicants who are in the final exam of the diploma are also eligible to apply.
HORTICET 2019 Application Form
The candidates, who wish to take admission in Horticulture University in the year 2019, must appear and qualify the HORTICET 2019.
- For this, the aspirants must fill the application form.
- The form is to be filled in May 2019.
- The last date to fill the Horticulture Common Entrance Test 2019 is in July 2019.
- The mode of application in Horticulture Common Entrance Test 2019 is offline.
- There is no scope of filling the form online.
- The form of Horticulture Common Entrance Test 2019 is available online.
- The candidate has to download the form from the website and then take a print out.
- The form is to be filled with either black or blue ballpoint pen.
- The form has to be neat and correctly filled.
- In case of wrong information provided, the form will be rejected by the Horticulture University.
- After filling the form the candidate has to send it to the Horticulture University along with the documents and Registration fees.
HORTICET 2019 Application Form Fee
|General and OBC||INR 650|
|SC and ST||INR 325|
Mode of Payment
- The registration Fee of HORTICET 2019 has to be paid through Demand Draft
- The DD has to be in favour of:
Horticulture University, Administration Office,
Post Box Number #7, Venkataramannagudem-534 101,
West Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh.
Note: The candidate must read the application form carefully before filling the form.
HORTICET 2019 Exam Center
HORTICET 2019 will be held on July 18, 2019 only at one examination centre:
College of Horticulture, Dr. Y.S.R. Horticultural University, Venkataramannagudem-534101, Near Tadepalligudem, West Godavari District
HORTICET 2019 Exam Pattern
HORTICET 2019 will be held at the above-mentioned center from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Candidates will be required to answer only objective questions of the type. The examination will only be conducted in pen and paper mode. In 2 hours, candidates will have to answer 200 MCQs in Telugu language.
The candidate will receive 1 mark for each correct answer. There will be no negative markings for incorrect or unanswered questions. Each candidate can score a maximum of 200 marks on the 2019 HORTICET.
Exam Pattern Highlights Table
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Number of Questions||200 MCQs|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
HORTICET 2019 Syllabus
The HORTICET 2019 Syllabus is similar to that studied by the aspirant in the 2-year Diploma course in Horticulture course at Horticulture University.
The candidate can prepare for the exam by referring to some of the books.
These books are:
|Name of Books||Author’s Name|
|Multiple Choice Questions in Horticulture||Bharat Singh Hada|
|Objective Horticulture||Anil Verma|
|Question Bank Horticulture||Gupta S.N.|
|Basic Horticulture||Jitendra Singh|
|Handbook of Horticulture||Chadha KL|
|Horticulture at a Glance||DRam and B B Singh|
|Glaustas Horticulture||P Muthukumar|
HORTICET 2019 Admit Card / Hall Ticket
Dr. YSRHU will be declared on the University’s official website with the list of eligible candidates for HORTICET 2019. The list will also include each eligible candidate’s Hall ticket number.
- Candidates will be sent hall ticket by post on the correspondence address mentioned in the application form
- Hall ticket will be sent in the self-addressed stamped envelope sent with the application form.
- Hall ticket contains the following information –
- Hall Ticket No.
- Name of Examination Center
- Date and Time of Exam
- Name of Applicant and Parent/Guardian
- Complete Postal Address
- Photograph and Signature of Applicant
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination centre without in possession of admit card
How to Download HORTICETAdmit Card/Hall Ticket
All eligible candidates will receive a admit card from the University. However, if the candidate does not receive the admit card by post, he / she can download it from the official website of the University. You can use the following steps to download the card:
- Visit the official website of Dr. YSRHU – https://www.drysrhu.edu.in/
- Click on ‘More Announcements’ tab on right hand pane of webpage
- Under Announcements, search for ‘ HORTICET 2019 Admit Card’ and click on it
- Enter the details asked for to download hall ticket
HORTICET 2019 Result
In this section, we will talk about the HORTICET 2019 Result:
- The result of HORTICET 2019 will be announced in August 2019.
- The result will be uploaded on the official website of the Horticulture University.
- The authority will upload the mark sheet along with the rank attained by each candidate.
- Students can check their result by visiting the website http://www.drysrhu.edu.in/
- The students must download their Mark sheet from the website for further use.
- In case if two candidates get the same marks, the one with greater OGPA in Diploma will be preferred.
- If the two have attained the same marks in Diploma too, the candidate elder in age will be given preference.
- Cut off for General and OBC is 25% of the total marks.
- For SC/ST & PwD there is no cut off available.
How to Download HORTICET Merit List
Candidates can download the University’s merit list to their official website by following these steps:
- Go to Dr. YSRHU’s official website—https:/www.drysrhu.edu.in/.
- Click on the’ More Announcements ‘ tab on the right pane of the webpage.
- Search for’ HORTICET–2019 Rank List’ under Announcements and click on it.
- The list of ranks will be downloaded.
- The list will contain the candidate’s Hall ticket No, the name of the candidate, the father’s name of the candidate and the rank secured by the candidate.
- If more than one candidate secures the same marks in HORTICET 2019, the following ways will be used to dissolve the tie-break.
- A candidate with a higher percentage of aggregate marks (OGPA) in a Diploma course in horticulture.
- If tie-break still persists, the elder candidate will be given preference.
How to Download HORTICET Score Card
- Visit the official website of the University.
- Provide all the details asked (usually Hall ticket no and date of birth).
- Score card will be displayed.
- Download it and take a print out.
HORTICET 2019 Cut Off
The University will not officially disclose the cut off for HORTICET 2019. However, candidates will have to reach the threshold of minimum marks set by Dr. YSRHU in order to be eligible to appear in the rank list.
- For candidates from the General and BC categories, qualify percentage of marks is 25 percent of aggregate marks.
- No minimum qualifying benchmark must be met by candidates from the Sc and ST categories for the HORTICET 2019 ranking list.
HORTICET 2019 Counselling
The counseling process for HORTICET 2019 is expected to begin in August 2019. Those candidates will be eligible for counseling, whose name is mentioned in the list of merits. The University will publish the counseling date on its official website. Candidates will have to carry the following documents while counseling:
- Mark Sheet of 10th class
- Mark sheet of Diploma in Horticulture from Dr. YSRHU
- Age Proof
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Scorecard of HORTICET 2019
Allocation of seats will be done entirely on the basis of marks scored in HORTICET 2019 and document verification. However, the University will follow the reservation rule established by Andhra Pradesh’s government.
According to the rules, 85 percent of seats will be allocated to Andhra Pradesh candidates, while the remaining 15 percent will be allocated to candidates from outside Andhra Pradesh.
HORTICET 2019 FAQ’S
For any queries regarding HORTICET 2019, please comment below.