How to Get JEE Advanced Classes at Your Home
There are many reasons why an engineering aspirant might not be able to go out for coaching.
- Students in villages or towns or remote areas do not have easy access to good JEE coaching institutes.
- There are those who need individualized attention and do not learn very well in large groups.
- Students, who are susceptible to diseases, suffer from various kinds of illnesses, or harbour phobias, might opt for home tutoring to keep up with their studies while they get treated for their various conditions.
- Many girls, even in this age, are not allowed to go outside to study and are expected to first prove that they deserve that kind of freedom.
- Disabled students or students who have to fulfil some kind of responsibilities at home (such as holding a job to support family sustenance or to look after a critically ill parent) might also look for home tutoring.
Reasons Why Traditional Home Tutoring Doesn’t Work Now
At the school level, home tutoring is easily available. If one of your parents stays at home, often she or he takes over the responsibility of helping students with their studies. Otherwise too, if you can afford to pay more to get home tuitions, you can easily find graduate program students and well-qualified teachers who are willing to help you with your coursework as well as your assignments.
At JEE level, qualified and experienced teachers willing to come to your home to teach you are not so easily available anymore. The best teachers already employed by the top coaching providers for quite hefty salaries – and they teach 50-500 students at once while using the curriculum and tools of the coaching institute they work with.
You also need subject experts at this level. A Math teacher might not be a Chemistry master too. In a coaching, different teachers teach different subjects – according to their specializations. Finding and hiring a Math tutor, Physics tutor, and Chemistry tutor who is knowledgeable to help you with your JEE preparation is not only an unhealthy option for your pocket but also a very difficult task to accomplish.
Online Coaching is the Way to Get the Best Education for Less
There are several good coaching institutes offering their services online. Top traditional coaching institutes are also foraying into online coaching to get hold of a greater share of Indian and NRI students who are comfortable with the virtual or satellite-based learning modes.
JEE Main programs and JEE Advanced Classes available online are easily accessible, highly flexible, and quite affordable.
Here are the top benefits of online JEE coaching classes that make them a good choice to opt for:
- Accessible Anytime, Anywhere: While there is a fixed time schedule when a student can attend a live class online, recorded video lectures are accessible from anywhere and at any time. It means that if you miss a class or were missed out on a few points in class, you can always access the video later and clarify the concept.
- Individualized Attention: You might opt for exclusive one-to-one JEE classes or be a part of a larger group distributed by geographical distances but connected by a network (depending on what you can afford). Even if you choose to be part of a coaching class, almost all the online JEE coaching providers allow you personal time to get all your doubts cleared from your tutors on a regular basis.
- Tech-Friendly Education: The aspiring engineers are mostly teenagers who are well-adapted to the digital world. Hence, they feel more engaged to an education mode where they can interact with teachers using chat systems and web cameras, are able to share their answers with teachers using different technologies, and take online tests for practice. Moreover, the use of multimedia in online JEE coaching has proven to be quite effective when it comes to helping students understand and retain a concept.
- Detailed Student Reports: Online JEE coaching providers have a well-developed system to analyze students’ performance in class, practice tests, and All India Test Series (where they have to solve full-length tests) quite closely. These reports point out their strengths and weaknesses and also contain recommendations on how they can improve themselves.
- Parent-Teacher Interaction: Online coaching institutes are more prompt – when it comes to sharing a student’s track record with his or her parents.
- Modular Structure: Now, this is perhaps the best reason why online classes are so desirable. They are so flexible! You can pick-and-choose which topics you want to study and pay for when to schedule your classes, and get instant support (24X7) whenever you get stuck on a problem.
4 Smart Questions to Ask your Online JEE Tutor
Here is what you should ask your online JEE coach before you invest your time and money into his or her program:
- How did you prepare for JEE Main and JEE Advanced? What kind of support from your teachers could have helped you better then?
- Do you offer a free demo class or two? This will help you access how comfortable you in a virtual class and also with their teaching style.
- What do you expect from your students and do you track their progress? This will give you an insight into parameters by which you’ll be judged during the coaching program and what you should do and at what time.
- What are your credentials? You may ask for the teachers’ qualifications, from where they did their graduation, what were their specializations, what kind of experience they have (in industry, in teaching engineering aspirants, and in online coaching).
You might also want to check the technical requirements you’ll need to arrange to make sure you are able to enjoy a seamless online experience of attending JEE classes at home.
Join us in the mission of weeding out the fakes and only let the best coaching providers flourish online. Share your online coaching experience in the Comments section below: