IBAB is the abbreviation for Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology.
Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology has organized entrance exams for PG (Post graduation) courses, mainly for M.Sc. Candidates can admission in IBAB only on merit basis.
Candidates should remain prepared because seats are limited and competition is high.
Admission Forms of IBAB (Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology) will be released around May 2019
like every year.
Information regarding IBAB 2019 important dates, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card, result, application form, etc. are mentioned below in this article. Candidates are requested to check the details wisely.
IBAB 2019 Highlights
|Full Form||Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology|
|Exam Types||PG Courses|
|Exam Level||University Level|
|Conducting Body||Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology|
|Exam Date||To be Announced|
|Exam Duration||100 minutes|
|Helpline||080-285 289 00|
IBAB 2019 Important Dates
Important dates regarding IBAB 2019 are mentioned below in the table. Candidates are requested to go through the dates thoroughly:
|Application form||May 2019|
|Last Date of Application Form||3rd week of May 2019|
|Date of Interview||1st week of June 2019 to 1st June 2019; 2nd week of June 2019 to 2nd week of June 2019 and 3rd week of June to 4th week of June 2019|
|Joining Date||3rd week of July 2019|
IBAB 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Different courses have different eligibility criteria. Points are mentioned below, candidates can check the eligibility criteria which is very important for the examination purpose:
|Degree Requirements||UG degree in (BTech/ MBBS/ BE/ BSc./ BDS./ BAMS/ B.Pharm) in any discipline of Science and Technology ( agriculture, biochemistry, botany, biotechnology, chemistry, computer science, dentistry or veterinary sciences, mathematics, microbiology, medicine, pharma, physics, statistics, zoology)|
|Age Requirements||No Age Limit|
|Minimum Marks Requirements||Overall 50% Marks.|
|Final Year Appearing Candidates||Candidates expecting to clear their UG degree by June/ early July 2019 may apply as well.|
IBAB 2019 Exams pattern
|Maths and General Aptitude||35|
Question: A total number of questions will be 115.
Exam Duration: Maximum time provided to the candidates will be 100 minutes.
Marking Scheme: There will be no negative marking in this exam.
Question Format: The question paper will be the objective type that is MCQ (Multiple Choice Question) types.
Subjects: Biology, Mathematics, and General aptitude, English, Chemistry and Physics of 12th standard.
IBAB 2019 Application Form
- The application will be available for the month of May and the Last Date for Submission of Application Form is 3rd week of May.
- When applying application online candidates have to upload the scanned photograph and signature in jpg format.
- Candidates can pay application form fees via online modes like a debit/ credit card or net banking.
Guidelines to Fill up the Application
- Mark the appropriate option with a tick in the boxes provided.
- Write name and address in block letters. Please leave a space between any two words.
- Candidates should fill in their name as it appears on their degree certificate and avoids abbreviations.
- Write clearly the valid e-mail IDs that you use most often. This is critical to get the login and password to write the online test.
- Only photocopies of mark-sheets starting from 10th standard onwards up to the highest degree obtained are to be enclosed along with the application along with proof of the date of birth.
- Do not send original mark sheets or certificates or any other document.
- Additional supporting document (photocopy only) is to be submitted by NRI/foreign candidates for proof of NRI/foreign status.
- Applicants are encouraged to fill up the application form online. They should follow it up by immediately sending the DD for an application fee, 2 passport size photos and photocopies of mark sheets by post/courier.
- Applicants who cannot apply online can apply by downloading the application form. Other requirements are as above.
- For students from India: 500/-
- For NRI/Foreign students: 1000/-
- The application fee is non-refundable.
- The payment can be done through cash, NEFT or by a Demand Draft.
- DD should be drawn in favor of ‘Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology’ payable at Bengaluru.
IBAB 2019 Syllabus
The candidates will be required to prepare the IBAB 2019 syllabus of subjects mentioned in the exam pattern portion of a 12th standard level. You can expect questions from Basic Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology and English Language comprehension.
- Computer programming (Linux, C, Perl, C++, Java, SQL, HTML).
- Mathematics for biology
- Biopolymer chemistry and function
- Data access and analysis for biological research
- Biostatistics and R
- Data analysis in genomics and transcriptomics
- Omics of DNA, RNA, and proteins
- Structural bioinformatics
- Basic biology
- Molecular biology
- Developmental and reproductive biology
- Genetic engineering and biotechnology
- Cell and immunobiology
- Biochemistry and physiology
- Fermentation and downstream processing
Exams You Might Like
IBAB 2019 Admit cards
All candidates can download there admit cards from the official website of the exam.
Admit is compulsory to carry in the examination hall.
Candidates must preserve the admit card till the end of the admission process.
Interviews for IBAB 2019
- The shortlisted candidates will be called for interview based on their performance in the online test.
- An interview will be held at Bengaluru.
- Keep the hall ticket safely.
- If selected for the interview, you should bring your original documents, a valid photo ID (driving license, PAN card, Voter id, Passport)
- The interview will test the candidate’s knowledge for the PG M.Sc course.
IBAB 2019 Result
- Results of the IBAB will be declared on the official website of IBAB.
- Results will be available to the candidates only in an online mode.
- The result will not be personally sent by any authority to candidates.
- The candidate has to keep printed copies of IBAB result for the admission process.
IBAB 2019 FAQ’S
For any queries regarding IBAB 2019, please comment below.