IIAD Entrance Exam(iDAT) 2019 will be conducted by Indian Institute of Art and Design(IIAD) which is located in New Delhi.
Through this exam, students will get an opportunity to get admission in BA Hons Fashion Design, Communication Design, Interior Architecture Design courses in collaboration with Kingston University London.
Candidates who would like to join in IIAD can apply by making sure that they are eligible to apply.
In order to get admission in IIAD candidate must appear for IIAD Design Aptitude Test (IDAT) and also the Interview and portfolio assignment conducted by the exam conducting authority.
In this section, you will find all the information related to IIAD Entrance Exam 2019 such as eligibility criteria, syllabus, application form, results etc.
IIAD Entrance Exam 2019 Important Dates
Given below are the information provided according to IIAD, the final date to submit the application form will be 31st March 2019.
Before applying candidate must ensure whether they are eligible to apply or not, if the applied candidate does not fulfil the eligibility criteria his application will be rejected.
|The application form will be available from||October 2018|
|Last Date to Submit Application form||March 2019|
|Date of Examination||April 2019|
|Portfolio assessment||April 2019|
|Date of iDAT examination (Outstation)||April 2019|
|Portfolio assessment||April 2019|
IIAD Entrance Exam 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Following is the information related to Eligibility Criteria of IIAD Entrance Exam 2019
- Should pass 10+2 or any equivalent degree in any discipline from CBSE/ISC/IB from any recognized institution
- Candidates who are waiting for their results can also apply.
IIAD Entrance Exam 2019 Exam Pattern
The candidate is evaluated on the basis of:
Observation, creative expression, visual and communication strengths, drawing and design skills.
In this section, you will find the Exam Pattern of IIAD Entrance Exam 2019
|Exam Mode||Offline mode (pen and paper Based)|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours 30 Min|
|No of Parts||2|
|Part A||Logical Reasoning|
|Part B||Creative thinking|
|Distribution of marks||1 mark for each correct answer|
Drawing based questions may carry 5 marks.
After the written exam, there will be an Interview and Portfolio assessment
Personal interview tests the candidate on the understanding of basic art and design concepts and industry awareness.
Portfolio assessment is a part of the interview which involves showing of the candidate’s art collages, drawings, graphic design, paintings, photography, needle work, web design, sketches, 3-dimensional projects and digital design.
IIAD Entrance Exam 2019 Syllabus
The candidate who are appearing for the IIAD Entrance Exam 2019, should have ample amount of knowledge on
- 10th and 12th standard syllabus.
Numerical Series based on the Different Patterns, Logics Design and Shapes Geometrical, and other type – Identification of similarities and identical one, Find out number and item for incomplete number series Logical Sequences of Numbers, Shapes, Words, Figures and Letters, Select odd one out, Logical Decision Logical Sequence Blood Relations, Analogy Series Coding – Decoding Statement and Arguments Statement, and Assumptions Statement and Conclusions, Situation Reaction Cause, Effects Assertion and Reason Syllogism.
Picture construction task or shapes Creative design Circles and squares task Incomplete figures task Imaginative stories creation Generation and Development of Ideas Analysis of Problem and development of options for solution Description of a scene / Essay writing / creative writing Evaluation of information on the basis of observation and imagination.
IIAD Entrance Exam 2019 Application Form
The candidates qualifying the eligibility criteria will be able to apply for the exam, in this section, the candidate will find all the details about IIAD Entrance Exam 2019 Application Form:
- Candidate should read the information carefully before applying
- The application form is available in online mode as well as offline mode.
- The application form is available on the admission portal i.e. applytoiiad.com
- Candidate should fill all the relevant information that Is mentioned in the application form
- Along with the application form, the candidate should attach the scanned copy of passport size photograph and signature as well
- Candidate should pay the application fee before applying
- Without paying the application fee, the candidate will not be able to apply for the examination
- Candidate can pay the application fee by choosing net banking/credit/debit cards.
- It is advised to keep a photocopy of the application form for future reference till the admission process is over.
- IIAD campus and ISBF campus provide the application form in offline mode
- The application form is also available at selected outlets
- Candidates can get the application form from the above mentioned.
- Candidate should pay the application fee before applying through DD
- without paying the application fee, the candidate will not be able to apply for the examination
- candidate should send the filled in application form along with passport size photograph, photocopy of documents, payment medium to the below-mentioned address
Indian Institute of Art and Design,
B-26 Okhla Phase 1,
IIAD Entrance Exam 2019 Application Fee
- Should pay an amount of INR 2000/-
IIAD Entrance Exam 2019 Admit Card
- After the successful registration of entrance exam, IIAD Entrance Exam 2019 admit card will be released by the exam conducting body which is electronically generated.
- The admit card contains all the basic information such as candidate roll no, category, gender, photograph, exam time, date etc.
- Candidate should show their admit card whenever the invigilator asks for it. Without admit card no one will be allowed to enter the examination hall.
- Candidate should preserve their admit card till the entire admission process gets completed.
IIAD Entrance Exam 2019 Results
- After the examination, the exam conducting authority releases the results in online mode.
- Candidate can check his result on the official website.
- Results are based on the performance of the written test and the Interview and Portfolio assessment.