Not Announced | Official Website
The online common entrance to Indian Maritime University (IMU CET 2019) is conducted by Indian Maritime University.
Students seeking admission in undergraduate & postgraduate courses in the field of marine can apply for IMU CET.
IMU and its affiliated institutions provide these programmes.
The examination is likely to be conducted in the 1st week of June.
The complete details about IMU CET 2019: Application Form, Exam Dates, Pattern, Eligibility, Result are provided here.
IMU CET 2019 Notification
University has not released anything yet regarding IMU CET 2019. The section will be updated once there is an official announcement.
IMU CET 2019 Important Dates
All the important dates for IMU CET 2019 are provided below.
Candidates apply for this examination can check them here :
|Date of commencement of Online application||1st week of April 2019|
|Last date of filling of application form||2nd week of May 2019|
|Admit card issued||3rd week of may|
|Date of the entrance exam||1st week of June 2019|
|Result Publication Date||2nd week of June 2019|
|Online Counselling Starts||2nd week of June 2019|
IMU CET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Students applying for IMU CET 2019 are advised to check their eligibility first and then apply for the examination.
We provide you with the details of IMU CET 2019 eligibility criteria:
Only unmarried candidates can apply for this examination. Applying candidate should be at least 17 years old and the maximum age for candidates is 25 years on or before 1st August 2019.
For reserved category candidates, there is a relaxation of 5 years.
Note: There will be a 5% relaxation in eligibility marks for SC/ST category).
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates have to pass 10+2/ equivalent examination or B.Sc or BE/B.Tech (from IIT or college recognized by AICTE).
- Subjects: Candidates have to pass 10+2/ equivalent examination with PCM or B.Sc in PCM, Electronics with Physics as individual subject in one of the years.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to secure minimum 60% marks (10+2/ equivalent examination) or not less than 50% marks (B.Sc & BE/B.Tech).
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates have to pass 10+2/ equivalent examination.
- Subjects: Candidates have to pass 10+2/ equivalent examination with PCM & English subjects.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to secure minimum 60% marks in PCM & 50% marks in English.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates have to clear 10+2/ equivalent examination.
- Subjects: Candidates have to qualify 10+2/ equivalent examination with PCM & English subjects.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to score at least 60% marks in PCM & 50% marks in English.
For B.Tech (Lateral Entry):
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates have to pass Diploma in Engineering.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates have to pass their bachelor degree from a recognized university.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to obtain at least 50% marks. Score 50% marks in English Subject in 10th/12th/ UG Degree.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates have to pass their graduation or equivalent degree from a recognized university.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to secure minimum 60% aggregated marks
IMU CET 2019 Pre-Requisites
- Before taking admission candidates are informed to apply for the passport.
- This is to be done after the candidate has cleared the entrance examination.
- To get admitted in marine courses it is compulsory for the candidates to bring their medical fitness certificate by Doctors approved by the Director General of Shipping.
- Appearing students have to complete the above mentioned 10+2 or equivalent examination on or before 31st may 2019.
IMU CET 2019 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern is mentioned here:
- Mode of Exam: IMU CET will be held through online mode (Computer Based Exam).
- Type of Questions: The question will be of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- No. of Questions: Total 200 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Time Duration: The total time duration of the whole exam is 3 hours
- Marking Scheme: Each question carries one mark for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking for the wrong answer.
Total number of questions
IMU CET 2019 Application Form
The details regarding how to apply for IMU CET 2019 has been provided in this section:
- Open the link provided on the official site.
- Read the provided instructions.
- Candidates have to fill up personal, qualification and details for exam centre choice.
- Next step is to upload scanned photo and documents.
- Preview the filled up details and edit the details if required.
General Category Students: Rs.1000
SC/ST Category Students: Rs.700
IMU CET 2019 Syllabus
The IMU CET 2019 syllabus is different for UG & PG programmes. Candidates, check the syllabus for UG & PG courses below:
For UG Programmes:
The syllabus of UG courses will be comprised of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English, Aptitude Test & General Knowledge. The syllabus is based on plus 2 levels (CBSE, ISE & State Boards).
For PG Programmes:
The syllabus of PG course consists of MBA & M.Tech Syllabus:
For MBA: The syllabus of an MBA programme is as follows: Quantitative Ability, Verbal Ability, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning.
For M.Tech: The syllabus for M.Tech Course is as follows: Mathematics General, Engineering, General Knowledge, English, and Aptitude.
IMU CET 2019 Admit Card
The details regarding the IMU CET 2019 admit card has been provided in this section:
- Admit cards will be provided to students through online mode.
- Candidates can access their admit cards from 3rd week of May.
- Candidates will be informed by the exam conducting authority through SMS or email for uploading hall tickets.
IMU CET 2019 Result
The candidates can find all the details regarding IMU CET 2019 in this section:
- The results for IMU CET 2019 will most probably be announced in the 2nd week of June 2019.
- Results can be viewed on the official website and concerned authority will also send email or SMS for publication of result.
- The selection for counselling will depend on the CET score of the candidates.
IMU CET 2019 Counselling
The details related to IMU CET 2019 counselling has been provided in this section:
- The counselling process will start after short listing of candidates.
- After the declaration of result shortlisted candidates have to register themselves for the counselling process.
- The online counselling process is only for IMU campuses and not for the affiliated institutions.
- Seat allotment is through counselling process and this comprises of document verification, physical fitness clearance, etc.
IMU CET 2019 FAQ’S
For any queries regarding IMU CET 2019, please comment below.