JEE Advanced 2018 is one the most important engineering exam in India, through JEE Advanced 2018 candidates will be able to get admission into the most prestigious engineering colleges in India i.e the Indian Institute of Technology (IITs), it is a national level entrance exam conducted by 7 Indian Institute of Technology every year. The courses offered will be in the field of Engineering, Architecture, Sciences or Pharmaceutics. Unlike other entrance exams, JEE Advance 2018 can only be given by those candidates that successfully qualify for JEE Mains. In this section, you will find every detail related to JEE Advance 2018.
JEE Advance 2018 Important Changes
|The candidates will get admission to IITs only if they have at least 75% marks (65% for SC/ST) in Class 12th or should be in top 20 percentile in their respective board.|
|Candidates must have an Aadhaar Card Number while filling the application form.|
|Candidates belonging from Meghalaya, J & K and Assam are not included from this provision. These candidates can enter passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other valid Govt. identity no to get exam centre in these states only.|
JEE Advanced 2018 Important Dates (Tentative)
The dates provided are tentative and based on the dates of previous year admission process, and might change as soon as the official dates are announced.
|Date of Online Registration Starts from||April 2018|
|Date of Online Registration Closes on||May 2018|
|Admit Card Distribution||May 2018|
|JEE Advanced Exam Date (Paper 1 & Paper 2)||May 2018|
|Date of ORS Online display||May 2018|
|Release Answer Key Date||June 2018|
|Receiving candidates feedback on answer keys||June 2018|
|Date Result is Declared||June 2018|
|Date of Online Registration of Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT)||June 2018|
|Date of Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) Exam||June 2018|
|Date of AAT Result Declaration||June 2018|
|Allotment of Seats Starts from||June 2018|
JEE Advance 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Only those candidate that qualify the eligibility criteria can register for the examination, the registration will be cancelled if a candidate will not satisfy the criteria which make him eligible.
- Only the citizens of India can apply for this exam however, PIO/OCI candidates can also apply.
JEE Main 2018:
- It is mandatory for the Indian nationals (including OCI/PIO) to appear in JEE Main 2018 for JEE Advanced 2018.
Performance in JEE Main 2018:
- Only the candidates that achieve the minimum cut-offs in JEE Mains can register for JEE Advance 2018.
- Age Limit: The minimum D.O.B for a Candidate should be is 1st / October / 1992.
- Relaxation: A relaxation of five years for SC/ST/PwD categories. These D.O.B required for these candidates is on or after 1st October 1987.
Number of Attempts:
- A Candidates can appear in JEE Advanced exam for a maximum of 2 times in consecutive years.
- The first time appearing candidates of JEE Advanced 2017 are also eligible.
- In order to be eligible for JEE Advance 2018, the candidates must qualify 10+2 or equivalent examination with all subjects by obtaining a minimum of 75% marks (for Gen/OBC) and 65% marks (in the case of SC/ST/PwD). OR
- In their Class 12th, they must be in the category-wise top twenty percentile of successful students.
JEE Advanced Exam Pattern
Here you will find the exam pattern:
- Exam Mode: The mode of the exam will be online (test based on the computer).
- Papers: The exam will have two papers Paper 1 & 2.
- Attempts: Candidates are required to attempt both the papers.
- The language of Paper: The language of question paper will be English & Hindi.
- Duration of Exam: The exam will be of 3 hours duration.
- Questions Type: The format of the question paper will be of objective type which will include both multiple choice and numerical answer type.
- No. of Subjects: The question paper of both Paper 1 and Paper 2 will have three section having Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
JEE Advanced Registration 2018
The details regarding IIT JEE application form is given below:
- The registration for the JEE Advanced can be done only via online mode.
- The registration of JEE Advanced 2018 will start in the month of April 2018.
- The registration will continue through the month of May 2018 till then the candidates will be able to fill & submit the application form.
- Any other method to get the JEE Advanced application form will be not be entertained.
- Candidates have to upload their scanned images in a proper format during the registration process.
- It is advised to keep a printout copy of your JEE Advanced Application form 2018 for future use.
The registration fee for JEE Advanced 2018 can be paid via online (debit card & net banking) or offline (SBI Challan) mode. Once the fee has been paid it can neither be refunded or not transferred. The details of the fee is given below.
|Examination Centres in India|
|Candidates (Female)||Rs. 1200|
|Candidates (ST/SC/PwD)||Rs. 1200|
|Candidates (All Other)||Rs. 2400|
|Late Fee||Rs. 500|
|Exam Centres Outside India|
|All candidates||USD 135 (SAARC Countries)|
|All candidates||USD 270 (Non-SAARC Countries)|
|Late Fee||USD 80|
Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) 2018
Candidates that are interested in getting admission to B.Arch course will have to appear for Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) 2018. Only the candidates that have qualified for the JEE Advanced 2018 are eligible to apply for the course. The mode of registration for the candidates interested to register is online.
Only the candidates that have qualified for the JEE Advanced 2018 are eligible to apply for the course. The mode of registration for the candidates interested to register is online.
The duration of AAT exam will be 3 hours. The candidates that will have to achieve above the minimum cut-off marks will be qualified for the exam. There will be no separate rank list for AAT.
JEE Advanced 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus of JEE Advanced 2018 will be different for B.Tech and B.Arch courses, for B.Tech the syllabus will be consisting of three subjects Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics whereas for candidates applying for B.Arch course the syllabus will be comprised of some extra syllabus. The syllabus for the following is given below:
|Thermal Physics||Organic Chemistry||Analytical Geometry|
|Electricity and Magnetism||Differential Calculus|
AAT Exam (Additional Course):
|Imagination and aesthetic sensitivity|
How to prepare for IIT JEE
Get some beneficial tips for scoring well in JEE Advanced examination:
- Make a proper time schedule for preparations.
- Go through your complete syllabus.
- Clear you basic concepts from class 11 and class 12.
- Candidates can also go through the past years question papers to know about the difficulty level of the exam.
- Concern your coaching tutors and school teachers.
- Get best books and study material.
- Do not take the stress and keep yourself healthy.
JEE Advanced Admit Card 2018
The admit card will be available from May 2018. The candidates can get their JEE Advanced Admit Card 2018 through online mode from the website.
It is mandatory for all candidates to bring their admit card in the examination hall. Those will not bring the admit card will not be allowed to give the exam.
The name of the candidate, roll no. of the candidate, venue of the exam centre, and all other exam details will be given in the admit card.
While bringing the admit card the candidates are required to bring an original photo ID proof.
The answer key & Optical Response Sheet (ORS) will be released through online mode by the conducting authority.
The announcement of the ORS and scanned responses will be done by the authority in May 2018.
The JEE Advanced 2018 answer key will be published in June 2018.
JEE Advanced Result
Th result for JEE Advanced 2018 will be announced in the 2nd week of June 2018 via online mode.
The result will be available on our website when it is announced. The qualifying candidates can check their category wise All India Rank (AIR).
The result will not be sent to the candidates individually.
Please note that having a rank in JEE Advanced does not guarantee that you will get admission to IITs or ISM.
JEE Advanced Rank List
The rank list is prepared by acknowledging the marks scored by the candidate in the exam. For candidates, appeared in both the JEE Advance paper will be considered for ranking.
If two or more students have same overall marks then the candidates scoring higher marks in Mathematics will be considered for higher rank. And even if this process does not work then ranking will be done on the basis of physics marks and if again the process fails the same rank will be allotted to the candidate.
The Cut-Off for JEE Advanced 2018 will be released by the examination conducting authority.
JEE Advanced 2018 Counselling
The qualifying candidates will be eligible for the counselling, the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) is the main authority that will organise a centralised counselling for admission into IITs, NITs, ISM & other Govt. Funded Technical Institutes (GFTIs).
The JoSSA will release the counselling schedule separately.