Not Announced | Official Website
KCET 2020 (Karnataka Common Entrance Exam) is an entrance exam at the state level.
This exam is also called Karnataka CET (KCET / Kar CET).
Karnataka CET is managed by the Karnataka Department of Examination (KEA) under the auspices of the University of Karnataka.
KCET 2020 is the gateway for admission in the field of architecture, engineering, pharmacy, etc.
In this exam, applicants will have access to various institutions/colleges located in Karnataka.
In this article, we mentioned full information about KCET 2020, including application details, eligibility, sample exam, and program.
KCET 2020 Important Exam Dates
In this section, we will discuss the dates for KCET 2020:
The dates are yet to be announced by the university, the dates mentioned below are tentative.
|The launch of the online application||February 2020|
|The last date for completing the application||February 2020|
|The last date for payment||February 2020|
|Availability of the admission card||April 2020|
|Exam date|| April (Biology and Mathematics) and|
|Test of Kannada language||April 2020|
|Declaration of results||Last week of May 2020|
|Start of consultations||2nd week of June 2020|
KCET 2020 Application Form
The candidates can find all the details regarding how to apply for KCET 2020 exam in this section:
- KCET will issue the application form for Karnataka Common Entrance Exam 2020 from February 2020.
- Candidates can check here all the details of completing the application form.
- The application form for KCET will be released only through the online mode. Any other mode is not applicable, to fill the application form.
- Candidates can fill the application for participation in Karnataka Common Entrance Exam 2020 until February 26, 2020.
- Candidates must upload their scanned photo, a digital image of the left hand and a signature. The size of the photo, the signature and the left finger digit image should be more than 5 KB and less than 40 KB. The size should be 3.5cm * 4.5 cm (photo), 3.5 cm * 1.5 cm (signature and the left finger digit).
- Before completing the application form, applicants should carefully read the instructions.
- The Authority may also provide a means of correcting an application through the online mode.
- Print out the completed application for further use.
- Candidates can pay through an online mode (through the designated bank “chalan”).
- The registration fee is Rs. 650/- for candidates of the General & OBC category.
- Candidates belonging to the SC / ST category must pay Rs. 500/- as a fee for filing an application.
- Rs. 750/- in the case of candidates residing outside the state of Karnataka and Rs. 5,000/- in the case of candidates residing outside India.
KCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The admissibility criteria for KCET are different for courses in engineering/architecture and pharmacy/science.
Candidates can check their eligibility for the KCET exam:
For Engineering Courses:
Qualification Exam: Candidates must pass the 10+2 exam or an equivalent from a recognized board.
Subject: Candidates must have maths and physics as the main subjects and the English language as the main language.
Minimum Marks: It is compulsory to have at least 45% of marks (40% marks in SC /ST category) in physics and mathematics along with one of the subjects, that is biotechnology/ biology/ electronics/chemistry/computer science.
For B. Pharma:
Qualification Exam: Candidates must pass 10+2 or equivalent with PCB /PCM and English as a language.
Minimum Marks: Candidates must provide a minimum of 50% marks (40% for the SC /ST category) in the PCB group.
KCET 2020 Exam Pattern
Exam Mode: The exam will go through the offline mode (manual and paper).
Questions Types: The questions will be multiple choice questions.
No of Questions: From each section, only 60 questions will be asked.
Duration of Time: The total duration is 320 minutes for the entire exam. Each section is given 80 minutes.
Scheme of Marking: For each correct answer, one mark will be awarded.
Negative Marking: No marks will be subtracted from the wrong answer.
|Subjects||No. of Question||Time (Minutes)|
KCET 2020 Syllabus
Here, we will provide you the syllabus for KCET 2020:
The KCET 2020 curriculum is based on the last program of the first and second PUC courses, issued by the Karnataka Department of pre-university Education.
The program has topics from various subjects, such as Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics / Biology.
Here is a detailed description of the training program Karnataka CET 2020:
Physical world and measurement, kinematics, Laws of motion, work, energy and force, Motion of a particle and solid system, Mass material properties, Gravitation, Thermodynamics, Behaviour of an ideal gas and kinetic theory and oscillations and waves.
Electrostatics, current electricity, magnetic effects of current and magnetism, electromagnetic induction and alternating currents, optics, the dual nature of matter and radiation, electromagnetic waves, atoms and nuclei, electronic devices and communication systems.
Some basic concepts of chemistry, atomic structure, chemical binding and molecular structure, state of matter: gases and liquids, chemical thermodynamics, classification of elements and periodicity in properties, equilibrium, oxidation-reduction reactions, hydrogen, S-block elements, hydrocarbons, some p- block Elements, organic chemistry and environmental chemistry.
Chemistry kinetics, general principles and elements, biomolecules, aldehydes and ketones and carboxylic acids, alcohols, phenols and ethers, haloalkanes & haloarenes, organic compounds containing nitrogen, polymers and chemistry in everyday life.
Algebra, trigonometry, two-dimensional coordinate geometry, probability, vectors, statistics, differential calculus, integral calculus, three-dimensional coordinate geometry, ordinary differential equations, and linear programming.
The biological program will be divided into two parts: botany and zoology. Some of the main themes of botany are cell biology genetics, plant histology and anatomy, the diversity of the plant world on Earth, an introduction to ecology and taxonomy. The section “Zoology” contains such topics as “Tissues of people”,”Digestion”,”circulation”,” Breath”,”Nervous system”,”The origin f life”,”Human reproduction”,”Organic evolution”,”Animal resources” and “Human Wellbeing”,”Cell Research”,”Developmental Biology”,”Diversity of Animal Life” Division.
Exams You Might Like
KCET 2020 Admit Card
The admit card details for KCET 2020 has been provided below:
- Admit card will be released on April 2020.
- The announcement card contains such information as the name of the candidate, the number of the roll, the address of the examination centre, the date of the examination and the time, etc.
- A candidate is not allowed without a valid admit card in the examination room.
KCET 2020 Result
In this section, we will provide you with all the details about the KCET 2020 result:
- The result will be announced by the conducting body in the last week of May 2020.
- Candidates will check their KCET 2020 results online.
- Applicants must enter their registration number to verify their results.
- Save the print out of the result until the counselling procedure ends.
KCET 2020 Counselling
The details for the counselling of KCET 2020 has been stated below:
- Counselling KCET will be started in the second week of June 2020.
- Candidates selected on the list will be called to the counselling process on the basis of their merit in the entrance examination.
- Candidates documents will be checked during counselling at the prescribed counselling centre.
- The allocation of seats will be conducted in accordance with the marks scored at the entrance examination, the availability of seats and filled options.
- A candidate may participate in other consultation rounds if he/she cannot get the allocation of the seat.
Documents required at the time of counseling:
- 10th & 12th Marksheet & Passing Certificate
- KCET 2020 Admit card
- KCET 2020 scorecard
- Two latest passport size photographs
- The print copy of the filled Application Form.
KCET 2020 FAQ’S
For any queries regarding KCET 2020, please comment below.