The NEST is the abbreviation for National Entrance Screening Test, it is conducted by NISER (National Institute for Science Education and Research) Bhubaneswar and Mumbai University – Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS), Mumbai.
Candidates seeking admission in 5-year integrated programmes of M.Sc. have an opportunity to take a chance in the NEST, 2019.
Admission Forms of the National Entrance Screening Test will be released in Jan 2019 like every year.
Information regarding the important dates, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card, result, application form, etc. are mentioned below in this article.
Candidates are requested to check the details wisely, which are mentioned below in this article:
NEST 2019 Important Dates
Important dates regarding NEST 2019 are mentioned below in the table.
Candidates are requested to go through the dates thoroughly:
|Online Application Form||Jan 2019|
|Application Form Last Date||March 2019|
|Admit Card||April 2019|
|NEST Exam||June 2019|
NEST 2019 Eligibility
- Age criteria for the General and OBC categories say that candidates should be born on or after August 1, 1998. For SC/ST category the age criteria are as follows: relaxation of five years is given to candidates.
- Candidates should have pass class 12 with minimum 60% of marks for general and OBC and for SC/ST the marks criteria become 55%.
- Candidates should have done their +2 with science stream only.
- Candidates should have studied a combination of any three subjects among Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics in classes XI and XII.
NEST 2019 Pattern
- All total there will be 4 section in the exam out of which candidates have to attempt 3 section as the compulsory fact says.
- Maximum marks are 180.
- Maximum duration is 3 hours.
- There is no negative marking in this examination.
NEST 2019 Application Form
- The application will be available for the month of January and the Last Date for Submission of Application Form will be in March 2019.
- When applying application online candidates have to upload the scanned photograph and signature in jpg format.
- Candidates can pay application form fees via online modes like debit/ credit card or net banking.
- Procedure to fill the application form is mentioned below:
- Step 1: Register on National Entrance Screening Test Portal
- Step 2: National Entrance Screening Test Application Form
- Step 3: Upload Photo and Signature
- Step 4: Pay National Entrance Screening Test Application Fee
- Application FEE;
|Category||NEST Application Fee|
|General/ OBC (Only Males)||Rs 1,000|
|SC/ ST/ PWD (Only Males)||Rs 500|
|All Females||Rs 500|
NEST 2019 Syllabus
The official website informs that questions in NEST exam are mainly based on NCERT/ CBSE science syllabus of class XI and XII. Topics which are said to be very important for the NEST is mentioned below:
NEST 2019 Admit Card
NEST 2019 admit cards will be available for download from April 25 onwards till the day of the exam.
Admit is compulsory to carry in the examination hall.
Candidates must preserve the admit card till the end of the admission process.
Candidates can follow the given simple steps to download admit card/hall ticket:
- Visit the official link
- Log in by entering your Email ID, DOB & Roll No. or your Application Number & Verification Code.
- Click on ‘Submit’ button.
- Now, admit card displays on the screen.
Download and take the printouts of admit card for further references.
NEST 2019 Results
- Results of the NEST will be declared on the official website of the NEST.
- Results will be available to the candidates only in an online mode.
- The result will not be personally sent by any authority to candidates.
- The candidate has to keep printed copies of NEST result for admission process.
NEST 2019 Counselling
Documents that candidates need to carry at the counselling session are as mentioned below:
|Mark sheet of Class X board exam (original & photocopy)||Disability certificate, if applicable (original & photocopy)|
|Mark sheet of Class XII board exam (original & photocopy)||Proof of Indian citizenship, if born outside India (original & photocopy)|
|Birth certificate/ school leaving certificate (original & photocopy)||Caste certificate, if applicable (original & photocopy)|
|Four passport size coloured photographs||Verification certificate, if applicable (original & photocopy)|
|Demand draft in favour of NISER, payable at Bhubaneswar/ Demand draft in favour of CBS, payable at Mumbai, depending on where candidates are appearing for counselling||In case a candidate has submitted original documents to another institute, he/ she must bring official letter (undertaking) from that institute.|
|Non-creamy layer OBC certificate, if applicable (original & photocopy)|