Admission at all the stages in the examination for which they are admitted by NIFT viz. Written Test, Situation Test, Group Discussion, and Interview will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
Candidates will be eligible to secure admissions at NIFT on the basis of the ranks they secure in the entrance test.
NIFT is popular all over the country for its design, management and technology programmes on offer at its 15 domestic centres. The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility criteria for admission.
NIFT offers BDes programme in the following specializations:
- Fashion Design
- Leather Design
- Accessory Design
- Textile Design
- Knitwear Design
- Fashion Communication
If on verification at any time before or after the Written Test, Situation Test, Group Discussion, and Interview (as the case may be), it is found that candidate does not fulfill any eligibility criteria, his/her candidature for the examination shall stand canceled without any notice or further reference.
Admissions Dates for NIFT 2019 UG and PG Programmes
|Online Application starts on||Oct 2018|
|Online registration last date||December 2018|
|Last Date for Online Filling-up/ Purchase of Form||January 2019|
|Availability of admit Card||January 2019|
|Exam conducted on||Jan 2019|
|Result Declaration||End of May – June 2019|
NIFT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
On the basis of the result of written test GAT and CAT, B.Des candidates will be called for the second test called Situation Test. For B.F.Tech., GAT will be the final test for selection.
Candidates will be considered eligible to apply for NIFT Entrance Test if they are 23 years of age or below as on October 1, 2018. However, candidates from the Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribe/ Differently Abled Person (PHP) category will be given age relaxation of five years for admissions.
The candidates for M.Des will take GAT and CAT. On the basis of a result of GAT and CAT, in case of M.Des. and GAT in case of M.F Tech and MFM, candidates will be called for Group Discussion/Personal Interview.
- Should possess a three or four-year diploma which is recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
- Should have cleared the General Certificate Education (GCE) Exam (London/Cambridge/Sri-Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level/ International Baccalaureate (IB).
- Should possess a passing grade in their Senior Secondary School Examination which is conducted by the National Open School having at least five subjects.
- Should have completed their +2 level (in the 10+2 pattern of examination) from any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, like Central Board of Secondary Education / State Board New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi.
- Should have studied at any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in Foreign countries.
- Should be recognized by the Association of Indian Universities to be equivalent to 10+2 system.
NIFT 2019 Exam Pattern
NIFT Entrance Exam was pretty straightforward, going through the past years’ question papers besides being well practised, would enable the students to do well in the exam.
|Bachelor of Design||CAT||10.00 am to 01.00 pm|
|GAT||02.30 pm to 04.30 pm|
|Master of Design||CAT||10.00 am to 01.00 pm|
|GAT||02.30 pm to 04.30 pm|
|Bachelor of Fashion Technology||GAT||10.00 am to 01.00 pm|
|Master of Fashion Technology||GAT||10.00 am to 01.00 pm|
|Master of Fashion Management||GAT||10.00 am to 01.00 pm|
- The general knowledge and fashion aptitude questions were a bit tricky in terms of depth of topics and covered the usual range of company branding and advertising.
- It would have been a good strategy to answer the reading comprehension questions after the students have answered all the other sections since they are a bit time-consuming.
- The CAT had 3 questions with choices. Questions were also asked in major fashion events and fairs like the Vastra Fair, like the Gulf of Mannar in geography, politics and current affairs, like who elects the governor for the state in India and what is the implementation date of GST.
- Students were able to finish the paper in the stipulated time.
NIFT 2019 Exam Syllabus
The weightage given to each test in NIFT Entrance Exam is as follows:
|Bachelor of Design||CAT||50%|
|Master of Design||CAT||40%|
|Bachelor of Fashion Technology||GAT||100%|
|Master of Fashion Technology||GAT||70%|
|Master of Fashion Management||GAT||70%|
NIFT 2019 Application Form
Candidates need to fill NIFT application form online on the official website of the design entrance examination. In order to successfully register for NIFT entrance exam, candidates need to follow the steps and fill all the details as required correctly.
Before filling the application form for NIFT admissions, candidates need to have the below-mentioned documents in place:
|1||Email ID (the email should be valid for at least 1 year)|
|2||Personal and Educational qualification details|
|3||Caste / Tribe/ Class certificate|
|4||Disability Certificate for Persons with Disabilities|
|5||Scanned photograph in jpg/jpeg format and size should not exceed 50 KB|
|6||Image of scanned signature in jpg/jpeg format and size should not exceed 50 KB|
|8||Debit / Credit Card details|
NIFT 2019 Result
- For B.F.Tech., GAT will be the final test for selection.
- On the basis of the result of written test GAT and CAT, B.Des candidates will be called for the second test called Situation Test.
- The candidates for M.Des will take GAT and CAT.
- On the basis of the result of GAT and CAT, in case of M.Des. and GAT in case of M.F Tech and MFM, candidates will be called for Group Discussion/ Personal Interview.