On the basis of the result of written test GAT and CAT, B.Des candidates will be called for the second test called Situation Test. For B.F.Tech., GAT will be the final test for selection.
Candidates will be considered eligible to apply for NIFT Entrance Test if they are 23 years of age or below as on October 1, 2018. However, candidates from the Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribe/ Differently Abled Person (PHP) category will be given age relaxation of five years for admissions.
The candidates for M.Des will take GAT and CAT. On the basis of a result of GAT and CAT, in case of M.Des. and GAT in case of M.F Tech and MFM, candidates will be called for Group Discussion/Personal Interview.
- Should possess a three or four-year diploma which is recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
- Should have cleared the General Certificate Education (GCE) Exam (London/Cambridge/Sri-Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level/ International Baccalaureate (IB).
- Should possess a passing grade in their Senior Secondary School Examination which is conducted by the National Open School having at least five subjects.
- Should have completed their +2 level (in the 10+2 pattern of examination) from any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, like Central Board of Secondary Education / State Board New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi.
- Should have studied at any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in Foreign countries.
- Should be recognized by the Association of Indian Universities to be equivalent to 10+2 system.