Panjab University Chandigarh conducts Panjab University Tourism & Hospitality Aptitude Test (PUTHAT) for admission in its programme of Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT) and Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management (BTTM) at University Institute of Hotel and Tourism Management (UIHTM)
It gives a recognized degree from UGC and UIHTM.
University Institute of Hotel and Tourism Management (UIHTM) aims at becoming one of the premier institutes in the country offering education, training, research and consultancy in the field of hospitality, tourism, travel and allied sectors.
The students who want to make their career in this field have the opportunity to get admission in this institute through their examination process.
PUTHAT 2018 Date Details
|Date of release of Prospectus and Application Form for admission|
|The last date for submission of application and fees payment on the website and to generate Fee Challan|
|Date and Time entrance exam|
|Date of Availability of admission forms on UIHTM website (to be filled only by the candidates who qualify PUTHAT Exam)|
|Dates for the conduct of counseling 1st Counselling|
PUTHAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The Panjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test (PUTHAT) a be filled by all candidates who have passed (up to the Academic Session 2017-2018) in the 10+2 Exam of the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi or its equivalent Exam held by a recognized Board/University/Council of the country.
They have marks not less than 50% marks (45% will be allowed for the SC/ST/BC/PWD students) as aggregate marks.the students must have English as one of the Compulsory Subjects in their qualifying exam.
Admission will be canceled at any stage in case the candidate is found eligible, fraud or illegitimate, even subsequently. Candidates seats will depend on his own merit and marks scored in the exam conducted.
- Last date for deposit of fee in any branch of State bank of India using website generated challan
- Last date for uploading of photograph, signature with rest of the information on the website
- Final date by which Roll No. will be available onlineRoll No. and Centre of Examination will be generated and Roll No. slip required to be downloaded from the website by the candidate using their own Login and Password (provided while generating Fee Challan).
- There will be no physical communication for this purpose.
- Centre for the Entrance Test Chandigarh Only
- Tentative date by which the result may be declared by the University
He has to present at every stage of the admission process.
The candidates who have passed/appeared in 10+2 Examinations of Mahila Gram Vidyapith, Allahabad are not eligible for appearing in PUTHAT-2018, because the institution has been derecognized by Panjab University, Chandigarh.
It is the candidate responsibility to make sure his/her eligibility and fulfillment of various conditions required for admission as mentioned in the rules and regulations of Panjab University
PUTHAT 2018 Exam Pattern
PUTHAT examination paper will consist of 100 questions having 1 marks each. 90 minutes will be given to solve the paper and to final submission of answer copy. Only English will be allowed as a mod of examination.
There will be negative marking of, 1/4 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer ie. 0.25 for each wrong attempt.
Subject/Topic No of Questions
- English Aptitude 30
- Current Affairs and General Awareness 20
- Reading Ability 20
- Hospitality Industry Awareness 20
PUTHAT 2018 Form
Registration forms are available online only and the students need to visit the official website of PUTHAT for form filling.
Steps which need to be followed during applying for exam –
- First Online registration on PUTHAT website http://puthat.puchd.ac.in is required
- candidate need to create a login ID and Password and remember for future logging in.
- Downloading the SBI challan slip and pay a fee in any SBI branch across India
- upload scanned photograph, signature and fill other required information about your eligibility and Save and then Confirm
- Once the application is filled completely you can download admit card when it is released.
- The exam fee for PUTHAT will be as follows:
- Category Fee
- General Rs.800
- SC/ST 50% concession for regular employees of PU under Class B/C Rs.400
PUTHAT 2018 Syllabus
PUTHAT will consist questions from the respective topics :
- English Aptitude
- Current Affairs and General Awareness
- Reasoning Ability
- Hospitality Industry Awareness
PUTHAT 2018 Admit Card
Notification will appear on official site of PUTHAT.
Once the admit card is available for downloading, candidates need to the hard copy of it and carry to the examination hall.
PUTHAT 2018 Result
The website will release the notification once the result has been issued and prepare a merit list for the further counseling process.
PUTHAT 2018 Counselling
According to its notification and latest information, it will have counseling on following dates :
- 1st Counselling: June 27, 2018
- 2nd Counselling: July 04, 2018
PUTHAT Contact Details
Assistant Registrar 0172-2534829
The controller of Examinations 0172-2534811
Coordinator, PUTHAT 0172-2534708
University Institute of Hotel Management and Tourism (UIHMT) Office 0172-2541969 0172-2534498
Enquiry Office 0172- 2534818/ 2534819/2534866.