Punjab University conducts the Punjab University Management Entrance Test (PU MET)
This exam provides a gateway for the candidates to get admission in MBA courses at UIAMS i.e. University Institute of Applied Management Sciences.
Admission will be based on the score obtained in PU MET 2019 and Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
No entrance test will be conducted for admission to MBA (Infrastructural Management). On the basis of GD and PI admission will be done for this particular course.
In this article, you will find all the information related to PU MET 2019 such as eligibility criteria, syllabus, exam pattern, important dates etc.
PU MET 2019 Important Dates
Given below are the dates that are laid down by the exam conducting authority. Candidates should act according to it.
|Availability of Application Forms||7th January 2019|
|Last Date for generation of fee challan||25th February 2019|
|Last Date for Submission of Application fee ( SBI branch)||5th March 2019|
|Last date for uploading documents with application form||8th March 2019|
|Correction Window||Till 11th March 2019|
|Last Date for submission of a hard copy of the application form||14th March 2019|
|Admit Card Availability||13th March 2019|
|Exam Date||16th March 2019|
|Declaration of Results||29th April 2019|
PU MET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
|Retail management, Banking and Insurance Management||Should hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree from any recognized university with 50% aggregate (or)
Should pass in the examination conducted by institute of chartered accountants of India (or)
Should qualify in AMIE examination with a minimum of 50% marks. Or should pass diploma with a minimum of 50% and should posses 5 years research/ training.
|Information Technology and telecommunications management and Infrastructure management||Should posses a bachelor degree with a minimum of 50%aggregate from any recognized university or
Should posses a bachelor degree in any science field with physics and mathematics as compulsory from any recognized university with an aggregate of 50% or
Should posses a bachelor degree in computer application with an aggregate of minimum 50% from any recognized university or
Should posses 50% marks in AMIE or passed diploma with a minimum of 60% aggregate and should have 5 years professional experience
|Pharmaceutical management||Should posses a bachelor degree in pharmacy with a minimum aggregate of 50% from well recognized university
Should posses a MMBS degree from Punjab university o any other Punjab university recognized universities with a minimum of 50% aggregate or
Should posses a bachelor degree in science subject with a minimum of 50% aggregate from any recognized university and should have done diploma in pharmacy from recognized university.
|Hospital management||Should posses MBBS/BAMS/BHMS/BDS/B.Pharmacy/B.sc /BPT with a minimum aggregate of 50% from any well recognized university|
PU MET 2019 Exam Pattern
In this section, you will find the Exam Pattern of PU MET 2019
Admission will be made on the basis of
Written test: 85%
Group Discussion: 7.5%
Personal Interview: 7.5%
|Exam Mode||Offline mode|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|Type of Question||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Marking Scheme||One mark for each correct answer|
|No of sections||6|
|2||Economics and business environment|
|3||Data interpretation and problem solving|
PU MET 2019 Syllabus
Candidate should read the following topics to prepare for the examination of PU MET 2019
- Table, bar, pie, line graphs etc. comes under data interpretation and problem-solving.
- Percentages and its applications, ration and its applications, algebra, numbers and its applications, geometry and its applications come under numerical ability.
- Verbal ability and reasoning sections contain blood relations, direction sense, puzzles, arrangements, data structures, series, coding and decoding, clocks and calendars.
- Grammar, vocabulary, critical reasoning and reading comprehension parts come under English comprehension section.
- Should be good in general knowledge.
- Should posses economic and business environment awareness.
PU MET 2019 Application Form
The candidates qualifying the eligibility criteria will be able to apply for the exam, in this section, the candidate will find all the details about VITMEE 2019 Application Form:
- Candidate should read the information carefully before applying.
- Candidates are required to register for the examination from the official website.
- Candidate should fill all the relevant information that Is mentioned in the application form.
- Remember the application number and login credentials.
- Download the filled in application from and print the SBI deposit slip.
- Candidate should pay the application fee before applying.
- Without paying the application fee, candidate will not be able to apply for the examination.
- Candidate can pay the examination fee at any branch of SBI after a minimum of one day of printing of bank slip.
- It is advised to keep a photocopy of the application form for future reference till the admission process is over.
- After the payment of examination fee, candidates are required to wait for 24 hours and login after that time.
- After logging in, candidate must upload scanned copy of photograph, signature and fill the other required information.
- print the filled in application form and send the application form along with other required documents to the below-mentioned address.
University Institute of Applied Management Sciences,
South Campus, Sector-25 (Behind Alumni House),
Panjab University, Chandigarh-160014
PU MET 2019 Application Fee
Should pay an amount of INR 2,100/- for general category
For SC/ST – INR 1,050/-
PU MET 2019 Admit Card
- After the successful registration of entrance exam, PU MET 2019 admit card will be released by the exam conducting body.
- Candidate will be able to see and download the admit card through online mode from the official website of the exam conducting authority.
- In order to download the admit card from the official website candidate should login with the login credentials.
- The admit card contains all the basic information such as candidate roll no, examination centre, reporting time, and some other instructions regarding the examination.
- Candidate should show his admit card whenever the invigilator asks for it.
- Without admit card no one will be allowed to enter the examination hall.
- Candidate should keep the admit card safely till the entire admission process gets completed.
MET 2019 Results
- After the examination, the exam conducting authority releases the results in online mode.
- Results will be declared on 27th April 2019 in the official website of exam conducting body.
- Candidate can check the result in online mode by entering his login id and password.
- Candidates who qualify in the examination of PU MET 2019 will be called for Group Discussion and personal Interview.