Panjab University is the official authority to conduct the PUCET 2019 entrance exam which is conducted every year by them. It is a university level entrance exam of Chandigarh state, which is also referred as Panjab University Common Entrance Test (PUCET).
The exam is a gateway to get admission in B.Pharmacy and B.Sc. (Hons.) courses.
The exam is conducted once in a year. In this section, you will get the updates for PUCET 2019: Application Form, Eligibility, Pattern, Dates, Syllabus.
PUCET 2019 Exam Dates
Here you will find all the important details related to PUCET 2019, the official dates have been released by the university.
|Application Form Starting Date||3rd week of April|
|Last Date for Application Form||3rd week of May|
|Availability of admit card||Last week of May|
|Date of Examination||1st week of June|
|Uploading of answer key||1st week of June|
|Result Declaration||2nd week of June|
|Starting of counselling (Admission form filling)||2nd week of June|
|Starting of option filling||2nd week of July|
|Display of Merit list||3rd week of July|
Eligibility Criteria for PUCET 2019
In this section, you will find the eligibility criteria led down by the PUCET, only the students that qualify the criteria will be able to apply for the exam.
- Nationality: Indian national candidates only can apply.
- Age Bar: For BHMS, candidates must complete the 17 years as on 31st December at the time of admission.
- Qualifying Exam: The candidates those have passed/appeared (up to the academic session 2017 to 2019) 10+2 from a CBSE, Delhi or any other boards are eligible to apply.
- Minimum Marks: It is mandatory to score a minimum of 50% marks in 12th class.
- Subjects: English, Physics, Chemistry and one of the following subject: Biology/Biotechnology/ Mathematics are necessary to having 12th class.
- There is a 5% of relaxation in eligibility marks for the reserved candidates of SC /ST/BC/PwD.
PUCET 2019 Exam Pattern
In this section, candidates will find the PUCET 2019 exam pattern:
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted through offline mode.
- Duration of Exam: For each section of the exam, 70 minutes will be provided. 20 minutes extra will be given to the PwD candidates.
- Type of Questions: The questions will be based on MCQ.
- Test Center: The exam will be held in the city of Chandigarh only.
- Marking Scheme: 2 marks will be awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: For every wrong answer, 0.5 marks will be deducted.
- The medium of Exam: The exam will be asked in the English language.
PUCET 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus for PUCET 2019 engineering and architecture exam will consist of topics from class 12th, the syllabus will consist of mainly physics, chemistry and biology. The syllabus will consist of all the topics which are important for the examination.
PUCET Application Form 2019
The candidates qualifying the eligibility criteria will be able to register for the exam, In this section, the candidates will find all the details about PUCET 2019 Application Form:
- The candidates will be able to apply for PUCET 2019 through online mode only.
- The application forms will be available on PUCET official website.
- The candidates are required to fill all the important details such as name and address of the candidate along with the educational qualifications.
- The candidates should also submit their scanned photo and signature in proper JPEG format.
- Once the application form has been filled, the fee for application form has to be paid Rs. 2100 for general category and Rs 1050 in case of reserved category.
- Candidates can pay the application fee using a debit card, credit card, net banking or bank Challan.
PUCET Admit Card 2019
The university will issue the admit card on the official website. The admit card will be released through online mode only. The candidates need to carry the admit card with them while appearing for the examination, failing to do so will result in expulsion from the exam. The admit card will contain all the important details like candidate name, roll no, venue of the exam, date & time. Candidates should retain their admit card till the admission process over.
PUCET Result 2019
After the successful commencement of exam, the university will publish the result on their official website, the students will be able to download the admit card from university website using their application number & date of birth. After the result has been announced a list will be released for the candidates shortlisted for counselling.