RCU is the abbreviation for Rani Channamma University allows various candidates seeking admissions in first or second year MCA and BCA post graduation courses. Candidates willing to study in Karnataka can fill the application forms of RCU PGCET. The admission is done on the merit basis only.
RCU PGCET results will reveal the admission secrets to the candidates. Basically, It is a state level entrance exam, which is conducted by Rani Channamma University, Belagavi, Karnataka.
Students can get admission in various Government and private colleges in the state of Maharashtra.
Admission Forms of RCU PGCET 2018 begins from 1st week of June 2018 like every year.
Information regarding important dates, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card, result, application form, etc. are mentioned below in this article. Candidates are requested to check the details wisely.
RCU PGCET 2018 Important Dates
Important dates regarding RCU PGCET 2018 are mentioned below in the table:
|Application form begins||1st week of June, 2018|
|Last date of Application form||3rd week of June, 2018|
|Admit Card||last week of June, 2018|
|Exam Date||1st week of May, 2018|
|Answer Keys||1st week of July, 2018|
|Result||2nd week of July, 2018|
|Counselling||2nd and 3rd week of July, 2018|
RCU PGCET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Different courses have different eligibility criteria. The course wise eligibility will be as follows:
|Kannada||The candidates must have any degree in the discipline of Kannada as Basic subject/ Optional Subject/ Major Subject|
|English||B.A. With English as Basic subject/ Optional Subject/ Major Subject|
|Hindi||B.A. With Hindi as Basic subject/ Optional Subject/ Major Subject|
|Marathi||B.A. With Marathi as Basic subject/ Optional Subject/ Major Subject|
|Economics||B.A. With Economics/ Agricultural Marketing|
|History & Archeology||B.A. With History and Archeology|
|Political Science||B.A. With Political Science- optional|
|Sociology||B.A. With Sociology as either major or minor subject|
|Chemistry||B. Sc. Degree with Chemistry- optional Subject|
|Geography||B.A./ B.Sc. with geography|
|Mathematics||B.A./ B.Sc. with Mathematics either as major or minor subject|
|Physics||B. Sc. Degree with Mathematics and Physics|
|Botany||B. Sc. Degree with Botany|
- Students must score 45% as the minimum marks for the general category and for the SC/ST category the minimum marks are 40%.
- The candidates who already given the final year exams and are waiting for their result are also eligible to apply for PGCET.
RCU PGCET 2018 Exam Pattern
|Courses||Number of Questions||Marks Allotted|
- The examination will be held in offline mode.
- The examination will be done in English language only.
- The question will be of Objective type, that is Multiple Choice type.
- Maximum question will be asked 100.
- The duration of the examination will be 2½ hours.
- One mark will be given to the candidate for the correct answer in MBA exam. In MCA & ME/M.Tech/M.Arch, for PART I one mark & for PART II two marks will be allotted for correct response.
- There will be no negative marking.
RCU PGCET 2018 Application Form
Candidates have to follow the given below procedure to fill the Karnataka PGCET 2018 application form:
- Application forms will be available online, candidates have to go to the official website for the application form.
- No other mode will be applicable to fill the application.
- The application form will be issued from the 1st week of July 2018 until Last week of July 2018.
- Before filling the application form, candidates must read the instruction carefully.
- Upload the scanned images of signature and photograph as per the specifications required.
- After the above process is done, candidates have to fill the application fee.
- Take a printout of the complete filled form for the admission procedure.
- Application fee can be paid through online mode only.
- The available option of remitting of fee are credit card/debit card, internet banking, IMPS, cash cards/mobile wallets, etc.
- No other mode is available to pay fees.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
- The application fee is Rs. 650 (General & OBC category) & Rs. 500 (SC/ST Category).
RCU PGCET 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus is different for all courses.
- Proficiency in English Language
- General Knowledge
- Test of Reasoning and General Intelligence
- Quantitative analysis.
- Mathematics: Algebra, Coordinate Geometry, Vector, Trigonometry and Probability & Statistics.
- Computer Awareness: Computer Basics, Data Representation.
- Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning
- General Awareness
- General English
RCU PGCET 2018 Admit Card
- Candidates will be provided with the admit card through online mode from the official website of RCU PGCET.
- Karnataka PGCET Admit card will be available from the month of August 2018.
- The admit card will contain candidate & exam details such as name of the candidate, exam centre address, date & time of exam, category, gender, etc.
- Admit is a very important document for candidates, they just afford to forget or lose it. Without the admit card entry of the candidates in the examination hall is prohibited.
RCU PGCET 2018 Result
- Karnataka PGCET 2018 result will be declared in the 3rd week of August 2018.
- Results will be available to the candidates only in an online mode.
- The result will not be personally sent by any authority to candidates.
- Candidates are advised to take printouts of the result and keep it safe till the admission process gets completed.