SIMC MA (MC) ENTRANCE TEST 2019 is an entrance test conducted by Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication.
Through this test, aspirants get admission to the MA (Mass Communication).
Students who are willing to take admission in the above-mentioned course has to fill up the application form and apply for the same.
Only the candidates who meet the eligibility criteria laid by SIMC will be granted to appear for the test and admissions.
In this section, you will find all the related information about Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication MA (Mass Communication) such as Eligibility criteria, Exam pattern, Syllabus etc.
SIMC MA (MC) No of Vacancies
Below are the no of vacancies for MA (MC) in SIMC
Intake – 60
Courses provided by SIMC
Audio Visual Production
SIMC MA (MC) 2019 Exam Dates
The entrance exam will be conducted in January 2019.
The last date to submit the application form would be 3rd January 2019, candidates should check the eligibility criteria before applying for the same. Candidates should fill the application form by providing all the basic details before the last date of the application form.
MA (MC) Phase 1
|Commencement of online registration||September 2019|
|Last date of registration||January 2019|
|Payment to be made by||January 2019|
|Date of examination (Objective test)||January 2019|
|Declaration of result||February 2019|
MA (MC) PHASE 2
|Declaration of Shortlist of candidates for PI-WAT||February 2019|
|Declaration of Merit list||March 2019|
|End date of fee payment||March 2019|
|Orientation||1st week of June 2019|
SIMC MA (MC) 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Applying candidates should match the following criteria in order to apply or to appear in entrance exam.
Follow is the information provided by SIMC
|NAME OF THE COURSE||MINIMUM QUALIFICATION|
|ALL|| Minimum of 50% marks – graduation|
45% – SC/ST from any recognized Institution/University
AICTE/UGC approved University
Registration under AIU
Candidate completed qualifying examination from any foreign university has to submit a certificate from AIU.
For International Students
- Should apply as Foreign National if the candidate holds a foreign passport
- If the person holds the PIO card he/she can apply as Person of Indian Origin.
- If the student has appeared for 10+2 or any graduation in other countries except India can apply as NRI
SIMC MA (MC) 2019 Exam Pattern
There will be 4 sections in the examination paper, each of 40 marks and the final section is of 30 marks.
|Duration of Test||2 hours|
|Type of Test||Online|
|No of sections||4|
|Mode of exam||Objective type|
|Type of Questions||Multiple choice questions|
SIMC MA (MC) 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus for SIMC MA (MC) 2019 is given below:
|B||Media and Culture||40|
|C||Current affairs and Contemporary issues||40|
|D||Analytical and Logical Reasoning||30|
SIMC MA (MC) 2019 Application Form
- Candidates should read the brochure carefully that is available on the official website.
- Candidates should make sure that they eligible to apply.
- Candidate can apply in online mode
- candidate should submit the form in online mode
- The online application form is available on the official website.
- Student should pay the application fee in order to successfully register for the examination
- Without the payment of application fee, no student will be given permission registered to give the exam
- Can pay the application fee either by debit/credit/net banking
- Should take the print out after successfully registering
- Can also download the application form and fill it
- Should send the filled in application form along with DD in favour of Director, Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication Payable at Pune.
Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication
Symbiosis Knowledge village
Gram: Lavale, Taluka: Mulshi
Pune – 412115
SIMC MA (MC) 2019 Application Fee
Application fee for SIMC MA (MC) Entrance Exam 2019
Following are the details of the application fee that has to be paid by the aspirants.
Application fee – INR 1475 (INR 1250 (SIMC MA (MC) ENTRANCE TEST 2019) and the remaining amount GST)
SIMC MA (MC) 2019 Admit Card
Admit card will be issued before few weeks of the examination. It can be downloaded through online.
Admit card contains the basic details of the applying candidate such as candidate name, candidate signature, photograph, test related information, address, time, seat number, centre etc.
In order to download the admit card, the candidate needs to fill in the details such as Email id and Password.
It is mandatory for students to bring in the admit card to write the test.
Without any one of the above-mentioned details, the candidate will not be allowed to give the examination.
It is suggested to keep the admit card with the student till all the process of admission gets completed.
The student should show the admit card whenever the examiner asks for it.
SIMC MA (MC) 2019 Result
SIMC MA (MC) results will be release Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication in February 2019.
Results are released on the official website i.e. simc.edu. after the result, shortlisted candidates are called for PI and WAT.
Admission will be based on entrance exam and PI – WAT.