To take forward the MKSSS’s Vision of “Women Empowerment Through Education,”SOFT CET intends “To Create Women Fashion Professionals Empowered With Sound Knowledge, Diversified Skills, and Fair Practices”.
SOFT is committed To Provide An large Experience To Its Students Encompassing Industry Integrated Education With Efficient Use of Technology And Sustainable Practices In Fashion Business
In recognition of the importance of links between education & industry, School of Fashion Technology (SOFT) organizes programs, wherever possible, for visiting professionals, apparel/textile companies. Students are also admired to seek and maintain links with industry in support of their major project work.
Has Affiliation with S.N.D.T. Women’s University for the 4-Year course of B.Design with specialization in Fashion Design, Textile Design and Fashion Communication.
In Technical Support with NIFT since 1998 for undergraduate (Fashion Apparel Design) and Post Graduate Diploma courses (Apparel Production & Merchandising Management and Fashion Design & Clothing Technology).
Holds collaboration with national and international institutes.
Holds Industry’s trust to involve students at various levels of Design development research.
Linked with renowned apparel and textile industries and designers in India for internships, on job training and placements.
Highly qualified group of core faculties with expertise in specialized fields.
SOFT CET Important Dates 2019
|Online Registration Begins||Nov 2018|
|Online Registration ends||March 2019|
|Online Registration with late fees||March 2019|
|Exam Date||May 2019|
|Result Date||May 2019 – June 2019|
SOFT CET 2019 Exam Pattern
SOFT CET 2019 Exam Pattern: The admission process of SOFT is a three-tiered process.
All candidates need to appear for the below-mentioned tests in order to secure admission in design programmes offered at School of Fashion Technology, Pune.
- Online Test
- Studio Test/Group Discussions
- Personal Interview
SOFT Online Test is of one and a half hour duration and maximum score one can get in the exam is 60 marks.
SOFT CET 2019 Exam Pattern
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks|
SOFT CET 2019 Marking Scheme:
There is no negative marking in SOFT CET.
For every correct answer, candidates are awarded +1 mark.
The distribution of marks for different admission tests conducted by SOFT are as mentioned below:
|Studio Test/Group Discussion||140|
SOFT CET 2019 Application Form
- SOFT CET 2019 application form needs to be filled by candidates online on the official website of School of Fashion Technology.
- Candidates are informed that they need to duly fill and submit their application form for SOFT CET exam otherwise they will not be allowed to appear for the design entrance exam.
- Any candidate who wants to apply for more than one course offered at School of Fashion Technology (SOFT) needs to fill separate application forms for CET and thereafter even pay the application fee for each course separately.
STEPS TO Fill SOFT CET 2019 Application Form
- Step 1: Register for SOFT CET
Candidates need to click on the ‘Registration’ link on the official website of SOFT and thereafter provide details such as their valid email ID and mobile number. Once this is done, candidates will be provided with their username and password.
- Step 2: Fill SOFT CET application form
Next, aspirants need to provide their personal, professional, educational and contact details. Candidates need to ensure that they provide correct information in their application form for SOFT CET 2019 exam.
Apart from this, candidates need to upload their latest I-Card size photograph in JPEG format at the time of filling their registration form for SOFT CET.
- Step 3: Pay SOFT CET application fee
SOFT CET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
For U.G. Program–B. Design (Affiliated to SNDT Women’s University):
Candidates should have:
- XIIth pass in any stream – Arts/ Commerce/ Science/ Home Science/ minimum Competency Vocational Course (MCVC) including National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS).
- Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education (MSBTE)/ State Govt. Technical Education full-time diploma of minimum 2 years after Std. X.
For NRI & Foreign students with equivalence certificate from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi
- For U.G. Program–B. Design (Direct 2nd Year Admission):
- Candidates should have: Three-year Diploma recognized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- Five-year Diploma in Fine Arts recognized by the State Technical Board.
- Successful completion of 1st year Degree from National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT).
For U.G Diploma Program–F.A.D. + B.Sc. (FD) (In Technical Support with NIFT):
- Candidates should have XIIth pass in any stream – Arts/Commerce/Science/Home Science including National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS).
For P.G. Diploma Programs:
- Candidates should be a graduate in any stream (10+2+3 or equivalent).
For P.G. Diploma Program–1 Year:
- Candidates should have graduation in Fashion–3 years education in the field of fashion after 12th.
SOFT CET 2019 Syllabus
There is no SOFT CET 2019 syllabus as defined by the college. However, by studying mock tests and past years’ papers for CET conducted by SOFT, we have compiled some pointers that aspirants need to keep in mind while appearing for SOFT CET exam.
- Some important topics aspirants can study to score well in this section are:
- Percentages and its applications
- Ratio and Its applications
- Numbers and its applications
- Geometry and its applications
The verbal/Non-verbal reasoning
- Topics one must consider studying for this section of the exam are as follows:
- Mathematical Operations
- Verification of True Statement
- Assertion & Reason
- Sequence Puzzles
- Direction Sense Test
- Series Completion
- Arithmetic Reasoning
- Cause & Effect Reasoning
- Inserting the Missing Character
- Statement Assumptions
- Theme Detection
- Logical Sequence of Words
- Logical Venn Diagram
- Construction of Squares & Triangles
- Rule Detection
- Mirror Images & Water Images
- Figure Formation & Analysis
- Completing Incomplete Pattern
- Paper Folding
- Cubes & Dice
- The SOFT CET is expected to contain questions from topics such as:
- Blood Relations
- Direction Sense
- Data Structures
- Clocks and Calendars
SOFT CET 2019 Result
SOFT CET 2019 result is published on the official website of School of Fashion Technology, Pune.
The result for SOFT CET is declared in such a way that separate lists are released, that is, CET Reservation list as well as SOFT CET Merit List. The merit list for SOFT admissions is usually declared in the month of May/June each year.
Steps to Check SOFT CET 2019 Result
- Step 1: Visit the official website of School of Fashion Technology
- Step 2: Click on ‘Result’ tab
- Step 3: Download and save SOFT CET result
Candidates who make it to the merit list of SOFT CET need to confirm their admission by means of an email and thereafter pay the admission fee.
SOFT CET 2019 Counselling
The counselling for the courses is done in person and telephonically for the outstation candidates. For telephonic counselling, the outstation applicants are suggested to take prior appointment.
Placement & internship
The campus placement activities are regularly carried out and more than 2000 students from the institute belong to UG / PG / PG DIPLOMA of various streams were placed in and around India. The campus placement offers core and dream placements for the students.
- Bombay Dyeing
- Reliance Industries Limited
- Shahi Export Private Limited
- Welspun Corp
School Of Fashion Technology
Sr.13/1/2, Narhe Ambegaon,
Opp. to Vision English Medium School,
Pune – 411041
Tell. 91 20 66833700 / 66833701
Email. [email protected],
For any other information related to admission, visit on soft.ac.in.