Not Announced | Official Website
On behalf of the government of Tamil Nadu, Anna University conducts Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test in short TANCET.
This is a state level entrance examination which provides admission to government and non-government colleges of Tamil Nadu.
Through this exam, the candidate gets an opportunity to get a seat in ME/M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan, MCA and MBA courses.
This article provides you with all the information related to TANCET 2019 including exam dates, syllabus, admit card, application process etc.
TANCET 2019 Notification
University has not released anything yet regarding TANCET 2019. The section will be updated once there is an official announcement.
TANCET 2019 Important Dates
In this section, we will talk about the important dates for TANCET 2019:
Given below are the information provided according to the exam conducting authorities of TANCET 2019.
The final date to submit the application form will be in the month of April 2019 and the exam will be conducted in the month of May 2019.
Before applying candidate should check whether they are eligible to apply or not if the applied candidate does not fulfil the eligibility criteria his application will be rejected.
|The application form will be available from||2nd April 2019|
|Last Date to Submit the Application form||23rd April 2019|
|Admit card availability||May 2019|
|Date of examination||19th – 20th May 2019|
|Results declaration||May 2019|
TANCET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Here, we will talk about the TANCET 2019 eligibility criteria:
|M.Tech / ME / M.Arch / M.plan||Should possess bachelor degree or equivalent with a minimum of 50%|
|MBA||Should possess a bachelor degree of minimum 3 years with an aggregate of at least 50%|
|MCA||Should possess a bachelor degree of minimum 3 years with an aggregate of at least 50%|
Mathematics as a compulsory subject 10+2
|MCA (Lateral Entry )||Should possess a bachelor degree in B.Sc, BCA with a minimum of 50% and mathematics as a compulsory subject 10+2|
NOTE: 45% aggregate in case of SC/ST candidates.
TANCET 2019 Exam Pattern
In this section, students will find the Exam Pattern of TANCET 2019:
|Exam Mode||Offline mode|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|Type of Question||Multiple Choice Questions|
|No. of Questions||100|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for each correct response|
|Negative Marking||1/3 marks for each incorrect response|
Question Paper Format:
|Course||No of Questions|
For ME/M.Tech/M.Arch /M.Plan
|Section||No of Questions|
TANCET 2019 Syllabus
In this section, the candidates will find the syllabus of TANCET 2019.
Quantitative ability, Analytical reasoning, Logical reasoning, Computer awareness, Verbal ability and Basic sciences.
PART I: Engineering Mathematics
PART II: Basic Engineering & Sciences
PART III: As per the discipline selected (Chosen Subject).
Verbal Ability, Data Interpretation, Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning.
TANCET 2019 Application Form
The candidates who are eligible to apply can check the application process TANCET 2019 in this section:
- The application form is available in online mode from the official website.
- Should submit the application form through online mode for all the three exams before the last date i.e. last week of March 2019.
- Candidate should fill all the relevant information that Is mentioned in the application form.
- Candidate should pay the application fee before applying.
- Without paying the application fee, candidate’s application form cannot be submitted.
- Candidate can pay the application fee by choosing net banking/credit/debit cards.
- Should pay the application fee in online mode only.
- It is advised to keep a photocopy of the application form for future reference till the admission process is over.
TANCET 2019 Application Fee
Should pay an amount of INR 500 for each programme.
For SC/ST/SCA: INR 250.
TANCET 2019 Admit Card
The details related to the TANCET 2019 admit card has been provided in this section:
- Admit card is the most important document to appear for the examination.
- After the successful registration of entrance exam, TANCET 2019 admit card will be released.
- Candidates can download the admit card from the official website of the university.
- The admit card contains all the basic information such as candidate’s full name, date of birth, application no, data, time, venue of the test and some other instructions etc.
- By paying Rs.100, candidates can also apply for the duplicate admit card in case if they lost it.
- Admit card is an important document that should be kept safely by the candidate.
- Candidates should take the admit card with them to the examination hall.
TANCET 2019 Results
The details related to the result of TANCET 2019 has been provided here:
- After two to three weeks examination, the exam conducting authority releases the results in online mode.
- Results will be declared in the month of May 2019 in its official website.
- Based on the rank and score secured by the candidate in the entrance examination candidates will be called for counselling.
- Scorecard will be prepared on the basis of the performance of the candidate.
- Candidate should carry the score card with all other relevant documents to the examination hall.
TANCET 2019 Counselling
The TANCET 2019 counselling details has been provided in this section:
- The counselling process of TANCET 2019 will be held in the month of June 2019.
- Candidates who qualify in the entrance examination, and are interested to join should appear at the counselling place.
- Admission to different colleges into Anna University and other different colleges of Tamil Nadu Is based on the marks secured by the candidate.
- Candidates should take all the relevant documents to the counselling process with them.
For any queries regarding TANCET 2019, please comment below.