Engineering is one of the most preferred career options in India. Engineering is a creative line with many exposure and career options.
While choosing Engineering, one must practice to a do a real hard work. It requires a lot of studies and skills. One must be guided on the right path. For this, the first and foremost step is the college you choose.
You will learn everything about your course in college. From good to bad, new to old, you will experience everything. So choosing a right college is quite important.
If you are looking forward to continuing your studies in Himachal Pradesh, here are the top 5 Engineering colleges there:
1. Indian Institute of Technology, Mandi
IIT is the best option if you wish to pursue Engineering in India. IIT, mandi is a college under IIT, India. It is one of the eight new IITs established under MHRD, Government of India.
It was established in the year 2009.
- The candidate must have secured at least 75% of aggregate in 10+2.
- Admissions are based on the ranked scored in JEE exam.
JEE Main syllabus :
- Sets, relations and functions
- Complex numbers and quadratic equations
- Matrices and determinants
- Mathematical reasoning
- Mathematical induction
- Permutations and combinations
- Sequences and series
- Lbw, continuity and differentiability
- Integral calculus
- Differential equations
- Binomial theorem and its simple applications
- Three-dimensional geometry
- Vector algebra
- Co-ordinate geometry
- Statistics and probability
- Physics and measurement
- Work, energy and power
- Rotational motion
- Laws of motion
- Properties of solids and liquids
- Electronic devices
- Kinetic theory of gases
- Oscillations and waves
- Communication systems
- Current electricity
- Magnetic effects of current and magnetism
- Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents
- Electromagnetic waves
- Dual nature of matter and radiation
- Atoms and nuclei
- Some basic concepts in chemistry
- States of matter
- Atomic structure
- Chemical bonding and molecular structure
- Chemical thermodynamics
- Redox reactions and electrochemistry
- Chemical kinetics
- Surface chemistry
- Classification of elements and periodicity in properties
- Block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals)
- Block elements group 13 to group 18 elements
- D – and f – block elements
- Co-ordination compounds
- Environmental chemistry
- General principles and processes of isolation of metal
2. Jaypee University of Information Technology, Solan
Aka J. P University of Information Technology is a state (Government Aided) university in Solan, Himachal Pradesh. This college offers undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral level studies and research in engineering and applied sciences disciplines.
It was established in the year 2002.
- The candidate must be have scored at least 50% marks in aggregate in 10+2 from a recognised board.
- Admissions are based on the rank scored in JEE Main.
3. Baddi University of Emerging Sciences and Technology, Baddi
The Baddi University of Emerging Sciences and Technology is a private technical and professional higher educational institution in Baddi, Himachal Pradesh.
It was established in 2002 and was recognized as a university in 2009.
- Candidates must have scored at least 50% in 10th class from any recognised board.
- Candidate must have scored at least 60% marks in aggregate in 10+2 from a recognized board.
- Admission is based on the rank secured in JEE Main exam.
- Shortlisted candidates are then called for interview.
4. Jawaharlal Nehru Government Engineering College, Sundernagar
The Jawaharlal Nehru Government Engineering College is a government-funded engineering institute run by the government of Himachal Pradesh, India.
It is affiliated to Himachal Pradesh Technical University and was established in the year 2006.
- Candidate must have studied compulsory subjects such as Physics and Mathematics in class XII or its equivalent examination along with Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology subjects.
- The candidates in the general category should secure minimum aggregate marks of 45%.
- Admissions are based on the rank es secured in JEE Main (National level) exam and HPCET (state level) exam.
- Laws of Motion
- Physics and Measurement
- Motions Rotation
- Work, Energy and Power
- Theory of Gases Dynamics
- Properties of Solids and Liquids
- Oscillations and Waves
- Current Power
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Current and Magnetic Effects of Magnetism
- Electronic Equipment
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Communication Systems
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Hands-on Skills
- States of Matter
- Atomic Structure
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- Redox Reactions and Electricity
- Chemical Kinetics
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Surface Chemistry
- Periods of Properties and Classification of Elements
- Isolation of Principles and Methodology Metals
- S-Block Elements
- Co-Ordination Compounds
- P-Block Elements
- D-F Block Elements
- Refined and Depiction of Organic Compounds
- Environmental Chemistry
- Some Basic Principle of Organic Chemistry
- Oxygen-Containing Organic Chemistry
- Chemistry of Everyday Life
- Nitrogen-Rich Organic Compounds
- Practical Chemistry-Related Related Principles
- Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equation
- Set Relations and Functions
- Sequences & Series
- Determinants of Matrices
- Permutations and Combinations
- Mathematical Induction
- Binomial Theorem and Its Common Applications
- Differential Equations
- Integral Calculus
- Limit, Continuity and Differentiability
- Three Dimensional Geometry
- Statistics and Probability
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Coordinate Geometry
- Vector Algebra
- Vector Calculus
- Numerical Methods
- Linear Algebra
- Partial Differential Equations
- Complex Variables
- Ordinary Differential Equations
- Probability and Statistics
5. University Institute of Information Technology, Shimla
UIIT, Shimla is in Himachal Pradesh University. It was established in the year 2000.
It is run by the government of Himachal Pradesh launched with a new vision of Engineering culture.
- Candidate must have secured at least 50% aggregate marks in 10+2 from a recognised board.
- Admissions are based on the ranked scored by the candidate in JEE exam.
Choose wisely. Good luck.