TS PGECET 2018 is also known as Telangana Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test, the exam is conducted by the University College of Engineering, Osmania University on behalf of Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE).
The students interested in PG courses such as ME, M.Tech, M.Pharmacy, M.Arch can apply for the exam, the exam will be conducted only in offline mode.
TS PGECET 2018 is a state level entrance examination for students of Telangana.
In this section, you will get the updates for TS PGECET 2018: Application Form, Eligibility, Pattern, Dates, Syllabus.
TS PGECET 2018 Important Exam Dates
In this section, you will find all the important exam dates related to TS PGECET 2018.
(Please note that the dates mentioned are tentative and might change once the official dates are released)
|Notification Release Date||2nd week of March 2018|
|Commencement of Application Form Submission||3rd week of March 2018|
|Last Date to Submit Application Form||3rd week of April 2018|
|Submission of form with Rs.500/- late fee||1st week of May 2018|
|Submission of form with Rs.2000/- late fee||3rd week of May 2018|
|Submission of form with Rs.5000/- late fee||4th week of May 2018|
|Submission of form with Rs.10000/- late fee||4th week of May 2018|
|Admit card Release Date||3rd week of May to last week of May 2018|
|Commencement of examination||4th week of May to 1st week of June 2018|
|Result Declaration||2nd week of June 2018|
|Commencement of Counselling Process||August 2018|
TS PGECET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
In order to give the TS PGECET 2018 exam, candidates must qualify the eligibility criteria for the exam, in this section candidates will find the eligibility criteria required to appear for the exam.
|Criteria||Eligibility for appearing in TS PGECET 2018|
|Marks in qualifying examination||A minimum aggregate score of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST category).|
|Qualifying Exam||The Candidate should have studied B.E/B.Tech in any engineering college.|
|Domicile Requirement||The candidates from the state of Telangana or Telangana/AP domiciled candidates will be able to apply for TS PGECET 2018.|
|Nationality||Only Resident of India are eligible.|
TS PGECET 2018 Exam pattern
In this section, candidates can find all the details regarding the pattern of the examination.
- Mode of Exam: The mode of the exam will be offline. (Pen and Paper Based Test).
- Language: The language of the question paper will be the English.
- Question Paper Type: The questions asked will be objective type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- Sessions: The exam will be conducted in two sessions, i.e. in the afternoon and evening session.
- Duration of Exam: The exam will be of 2 hours duration.
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, 1 mark will be allotted.
- Negative Marking: No negative marking will be done.
TS PGECET 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus for TS PGECET 2018 will be different for every course, candidates need to check the syllabus for the course they have opted for, the syllabus will contain all the important topics that will be asked in the examination.
TS PGECET 2018 Application Form
The details regarding the registration of TS PGECET 2018 are given below:
- The eligible candidates will be able to apply for TS PGECET 2018 only through online mode.
- The candidates will have to fill all the important details such as name and address of the candidate along with the educational qualifications.
- The candidates are also required to submit their scanned photo and signature.
- Once the application form has been filled, the fee for application form has to be paid (The registration fee is Rs. 800/- (Rs. 400/- in case of Sc/ST) per test.)
- In case the candidate is applying for more than one test, he/she have to pay an extra fee.
- In case of late submission of the application form, candidates will have to pay a fine along with application fee.
- Candidates can pay the application fee using a debit card, credit card, net banking or Demand Draft (DD).
- Once the form is filled, the candidates should take out the printout of the filled-in application form for future references.
- The candidates that have qualified GATE 2018 needs to apply separately for admission.
TS PGECET 2018 Admit Card
Once the registration process is completed the admit card will be released on the university official website, candidates can download the admit card by logging into university website and entering their registration number and test paper that they had chose.
Candidates must carry the admit cards with them while going to the examination centre, those without admit card will not be allowed to sit for the exam.
The admit card will contain all the important details like name, roll no, day and date of exam, venue of the exam centre.
TS PGECET 2018 Results
Once the TS PGCET 2018 exam is commenced, the university will release the result on their official website, candidates will have to log into the university website and enter their roll no in order to check the result.
After the announcement of the result, a separate merit list will be released for the shortlisted candidates.
TS PGECET 2018 Counselling
After the results have been announced the Osmania University will organize the counselling process. The counselling will start in the month of August 2018.
Only the shortlisted candidates in the merit list will be called for the counselling process.
Candidates, those have GATE score card can apply separately for admission.
The candidates are required to carry all the important documents with them while appearing for the counselling.