UPCATET 2020 is called Uttar Pradesh Combined Agriculture and Technology Entrance Test 2020 is a state level entrance exam held by Sardar Vallabhai Patel University of agriculture and technology.
The examination is conducted to provide admission to agricultural and technology programs for Uttar Pradesh residents. To apply for UPCATET 2020, candidates should clear 12th and meet the eligibility criteria for UG courses.
Sardar Vallabhai Patel Agriculture and Technology University, Meerut; Narendra deva University of Agriculture and Technology and Chandra Shekhar University of Agriculture and Technology are the colleges where qualified students are placed.
Admission card will only be issued to registered students and Aadhar card is mandatory for registration.
More than 20,000 students enrolled in 2019 and this year’s count is expected to rise. UPCATET 2019 has been run in a total of 12 centers and will now be run in 22 test centers.
In this article, the aspirants will find all the details regarding UPCATET 2020: Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus, Important Dates, Result.
UPCATET 2020 Overview
|Exam Name||Uttar Pradesh Combined Agricultural and Technology Entrance Test (UPCATET)|
|Conducting Body||Narendra Deva University of Agriculture and Technology, Ayodhya|
|Medium||English & Hindi|
|Courses||Under Graduates, Post Graduate and Ph.D|
UPCATET 2020 Important Dates
In this section we will talk about the UPCATET 2020 important dates:
|Online Application Form starts from||February 2020|
|Form Correction Window||April 2020|
|Availability of UPCATET Admit Card||May 2020|
|UPCATET 2020 Exam Date||May 2020|
|Result Declaration||May 2020|
|Submit registration fee for Online Counselling||For UG & Diploma courses: June 2020|
For PG courses: June 2020
For Ph.D.: July 2020
|Upload document for Online Counselling||For UG & Diploma courses: June 2020|
For PG courses: June 2020
For Ph.D.: July 2020
First online counseling process
For UG & Diploma courses: June 2020
Second offline counseling process
|For UG & Diploma courses: July 2020|
For PG courses: July 2020
|Third online Counselling process for All courses||August 2020|
UPCATET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Only the residents of Uttar Pradesh are eligible to apply for all courses except MBA. Eligible candidates can apply for UPCATET 2020 strictly through online mode.
|Course||Minimum Qualification||Subject Required||Minimum Marks|
|B.Sc. (Hon) Agriculture||12th Standard||Agricultural Science||60%|
|B.Sc. (Hon) Horticulture||12th Standard||PCB||60%|
|B.Sc. (Hon) Forestry||12th Standard||PCM||60%|
|Bachelor in Fisheries Science||12th Standard||PCMB||60%|
|Bachelor in Veterinary Science||12th Standard||PCB / PCMB & English||50%|
|B.Sc. (Hon) Home Science||12th Standard||Arts with Home Science / PCB/PCM/PCMB/Agricultural Science||60%|
|M.Sc. Agriculture Biochemistry / Agricultural Economics/ Agricultural Economics & Management/ Agronomy/ Animal Husbandry/ Dairy Technology/ Live Stock Production and Management/ Genetics & Plant Breeding/ Soil Science/ Soil Science & Agriculture Chemistry||B.Sc. Agriculture||–||60%|
|M.Sc. Home Science||BSc Home Science||–||60%|
|M.Sc. Agriculture Biotechnology||Bachelor Degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Biotechnology||–||60%|
|M.Sc. Agricultural Meteorology/ Horticulture/ Nematology||Bachelor Degree in Agriculture, Horticulture||–||60%|
|M.Sc. Agricultural Statistics||Bachelor Degree in Agriculture, Horticulture||–||60%|
|M.Sc. Entomology/ Plant Pathology/ Plant Physiology/ Crop Physiology/ Seed Science & Technology/ Soil Conservation& Water Management||Bachelor Degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry||–||60%|
|Masters in Veterinary Science||B.V Sc & AH||–||OGPA 5.50|
- For BVS and C & AH courses, the minimum age limit for SC / ST and OBC candidates is 17 years and a maximum of 23 years as of December 31, 2020; and 5 years of relaxation.
- For the other courses, the candidates ‘ minimum age limit is 16 years and a maximum of 22 years; and the SC / ST OBC candidates ‘ relaxation of 5 years.
UPCATET 2020 Application Form
Candidates can apply both in online as well as offline mode.
Online Application Form Process:
- Eligible candidates can fill in the application in online mode
- Candidates should fill in all the basic details in the application form
- Verify all the details filled in before submitting the application.
- To submit the application form, students must pay the application fee.
- Candidates may opt for internet banking
- Following successful application fee submission, take the printout of the “confirmation page” and keep it safe for additional references.
- Candidates can also pay the application fee in offline mode Candidates should pay SBI challan payable in any SBI branch.
UPCATET 2020 Application Fee
- The application fee will remain the same as the last year; It may also increase in this year.
- Following are the details of the application fee that has to be paid by the aspirants in the online or offline mode
- General and OBC: Rs 1,250 and with the late fee it is Rs 1,500.
- SC/ST: Rs 1,050 and with the late fee, it is Rs 1,350.
UPCATET 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates wishing to participate in the examination must be aware of the UPCATET 2020 Exam Pattern set by the conducting body.
- The examination consists of objective type multiple choice questions.
- The total examination duration for UG, PG (with the exception of MBA) and Ph.D. is 3 hours.
- The question paper will be available in both English and Hindi languages.
There will be four groups of UPCATET question paper for BSc and BTech course admissions as mentioned below:
|Course Opted||Segment||Subjects Covered||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Bachelor Degree in Science courses (Agriculture, Fisheries, Horticulture, Home Science, Forestry, and Veterinary Science)||PCB||General Studies, Physics, Chemistry, Biology||200||600|
|Bachelor Degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Home Science, B.Tech||PCM||General Studies, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics||200||600|
|B.Sc. Agriculture, Fisheries, Horticulture, Home Science, Forestry, B.Tech Courses||PAG||General Studies, Agriculture Physics, Agriculture Chemistry, Agriculture Zoology, Agriculture Botany, Agronomy, Animal Husbandry, Dairying, Horticulture, Agriculture Engineering, Agriculture Statistics, Mathematics||200||600|
|B.Sc. Home Science||–||General Studies, English, Hindi, Sociology, Economics, Geography, Home Science||200||600|
The post-graduation courses exam pattern will contain questions from the subject of their specialization –
|Course Applied for||Subjects Covered||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|M Sc Home science||General Studies, Food & Nutrition, Home Management, Child Development, Home Science , Clothing & Textiles, Statistics||200||600|
|Masters in Agriculture and Horticulture||General Studies, Agronomy, Agro meteorology, Horticulture, Soil Science, Agriculture Engineering, Animal Husbandry & Dairying, Agriculture Biochemistry, Genetics & Plant Breeding, Entomology, Plant Pathology & Nematology ,Agriculture Economics, Seed Technology, Soil Conservation, Statistics, Biotechnology, Forestry||200||600|
|M. SC||General Studies, Veterinary Microbiology, LPM, Surgery & Radiology, Animal genetics & Breeding, Animal Nutrition, Physiology & Biochemistry, Pharmacology & Toxicology, Parasitology, Pathology, Epidemiology & Public Health, Gynaecology, Medicine||200||600|
- Three marks are awarded to the students for each correct answer.
- Candidates are advised to carefully read the questions because 1 mark will be deducted from the total marks for every wrong answer.
- For the unattempted questions, no marks are deducted.
UPCATET 2020 Syllabus
B.Tech: Aspirants need to study chemistry physics and mathematics of class 12th thoroughly in order to qualify for the examination that will be conducted by UPCATET 2020.
UPCATET 2020 Cut-off Marks
The cut-off marks for UPCATET 2020 as per last year: are mentioned below:
Exams You Might Like
UPCATET 2020 Admit Card
Here, the aspirants will find all the details about admit card for UPCATET 2020 admit card:
During the first week of May 2020, admitcard will be issued. It can be downloaded from the official UPCATET website via online mode. Admit card contains the basic details of the applicant, such as the candidate’s name, address, seat number, center, etc.
To download the admit card, the candidate must fill in the details such as the registration number that will be given to you at the time of registration or the candidate’s full name, date of birth, the name of the course requested.
Students are required to bring the admit card to write the test. It is suggested that the admit card be maintained with the student until the entire admission process is completed.
UPCATET 2020 Result
In this section, we will discuss the result for UPCATET 2020:
- Results will be declared on the last week of May 2020 tentatively.
- Exam participants can check their results on the official website of UPCATET.
- Candidates have to enter their details to view the results.
Cut off percentage of marks in UPCATET is usually 20% for General/ OBC and 10% for SC/ ST category.
UPCATET 2020 Counselling
The candidates can find the details regarding counselling for UPCATET 2020 in this section:
- Counselling will begin in a few days after the declaration of result.
- All the eligible candidates will be invited for counselling.
- Admissions will be strictly based on the marks obtained by the candidates.
- Qualified candidates should bring all the original documents with them.
- For UPCATET 2020 counselling, candidates can download their counselling letters from the official website of the exam after the results are declared.
- Documents to be brought by candidates at the time of UPCATET 2020 counseling are as shown below. It may be noted that candidates must carry all the documents in five sets.
|Downloaded copy of the online application form duly attested by Registrar/ Principal/ Dean of last attended college/ institution||Attested photocopies of Class X and XII certificates and mark sheets|
|Original and attested photocopies of marks sheets and certificates of Bachelor and Master Degree courses||Domicile certificate of Uttar Pradesh state issued by the competent authority|
|Original copy of sport weightage certificate||Original copy of character and conduct certificate from the Head of last attended college/ institution|
|Five passport size photographs with name and roll number written on the back||Original copy of OBC category certificate issued after March 31, 2020 or valid on counselling date|
|An affidavit accounting for discontinuity of more than three months after leaving the college/ institution last attended||Original copy of transfer/ migration certificate|
|Two bank drafts of INR 500 (as counselling fee) and INR 5,000 (as initiation fee)|
UPCATET 2020 FAQ’S
For any queries regarding UPCATET 2020, please comment below.