The students interested in engineering course can apply for the exam, selected students can get admission in its two campuses, i.e. Chennai & Vellore, the candidate can opt for an online exam as well as an offline exam.
VITEEE 2019 will be conducted on all India basis in 118 cities across India.
In this section, you will get the updates for VITEEE 2019: Application Form, Eligibility, Pattern, Dates, Syllabus.
VITEEE 2019 Important Exam Dates
The important dates for VITEEE 2019 are given below (Tentative):
|Commencement of Submission of Online Applications||November 2018|
|Last date for submission of online Applications||February 2019|
|Commencement of Slot Booking||March 2019|
|Admit Card Availability||March 2019|
|Exam Date||April 2019|
|Declaration of Result||April 2019|
|Beginning of Counseling Process||May 2019|
VITEEE 2019 Eligibility Criteria
In order to register for the VITEEE 2019 entrance exam, the candidates need to fulfill the eligibility criteria, the university has decided the following criteria in order to get admission:
|Criteria||Eligibility for appearing in VITEEE – 2019|
|Age||Date of birth must fall on or after 1st July 1996.|
|Qualifying Exam||Qualifying 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board.|
|Marks in qualifying examination||A minimum score 60% marks (50% marks for SC/ST & North Eastern State) in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology put together.|
|Subject combination||Candidates must pass their qualifying exam with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology.|
|Number of attempts||No limit|
|Nationality||Resident/Non-Resident Indian National/PIO/OCI holder is eligible.|
- NIOS Candidates can also apply.
- Appearing candidates can also apply.
VITEEE 2019 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern is given below:
- Mode of Exam: The mode of the exam will be online. (Computer Based Test).
- Language: The language of the question paper will be the English.
- Question Paper Type: The questions asked will be objective type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- No. of Questions: The question paper will contain a total of 125 questions.
- No. of Sections: The question paper will have four sections consisting of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology & English subjects.
- Duration of Exam: The exam will be of 2 hours 30 minutes duration and will be organized with 3 sessions per day.
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, one mark will be allotted.
- Negative Marking: No negative marking will be done.
|Topic||No. of Questions|
|Maths / Biology||40|
|Exam Timing: 2 Hours and 30 Minutes|
|Correct Answer: +1 Wrong Answer: No Negative Marking|
VITEEE 2019 Application Form
The application form details are mentioned here:
- The University will provide the application for VITEEE 2019 through online or offline mode.
- The students can find the online application form through the university website.
- The offline application form will be available from the provided post offices & VIT University campus.
- The application form will be available from the 1st week of November 2017 till the last week of February 2019.
- Candidates are required to read the instructions carefully before filling the application form.
- In online application, candidates have to upload the scanned images i.e. Photograph (Size: 10kb-200kb, Dimensions: 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm) & Signature (Size: 10kb-200kb, Dimensions: 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm). The images should be in JPG/JPEG Format.
- The students are advised to keep a printout of the application form for future use.
The students will be able to submit the fee through the internet banking facility (Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card) or DD mode.
The fees will be non-refundable.
The fee for OMR application form will be Rs.990 whereas Online application form will be Rs. 970.
VITEEE 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus for VITEEE 2019 covers five subjects i.e, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics & English. The question will be based on class 11th and 12th of Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) & State Board of Higher Secondary Education.
Syllabus for Physics:
- Current Electricity
- Effects of Electric Current
- Electromagnetic Induction And Alternating Current
- Electromagnetic Waves and Wave Optics
- Atomic Physics
- Dual Nature Of Radiation And Matter and
- Nuclear Physics and Semiconductor Devices and Their Applications
Syllabus for Chemistry:
- Atomic Structure
- p,d and f Block Elements
- Coordination Chemistry and Solid State Chemistry
- Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium And Chemical Kinetics Electrochemistry
- Isomerism in Organic Compounds
- Alcohols and Ethers Carbonyl Compounds
- Carboxylic Acids and their Derivatives
- Organic Nitrogen Compounds and Biomolecules
Syllabus for Mathematics:
- Applications of Matrices and Determinants
- Complex Numbers
- Analytical Geometry of Two Dimensions
- Vector Algebra
- Analytical Geometry Of Three Dimensions
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus and Its Applications
- Differential Equations
- Probability Distributions and
- Discrete Mathematics
Syllabus for Biology:
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Reproduction and Genetics
- Microbiology and Immunology
- Physiology: Plant and Human
- Biotechnology and its Applications
- Biodiversity, Ecology and Environment
- Applied Biology and Human Welfare and
- Advanced Biology
VITEEE 2019 Preparation Tips
Get some beneficial tips for scoring well in VITEEE 2019 examination:
- Have a proper time schedule while preparing for the exam.
- Have a complete knowledge of the syllabus.
- Clear you basic concepts from class 11 and class 12.
- Candidates can also go through the past years question papers to know about the difficulty level of the exam.
- Concern your coaching tutors and school teachers.
- Get best books and study material.
- Know your strong & weak points of the study.
- Do not take the stress and keep yourself healthy.
VITEEE 2019 Preparation Tips
- The slot booking process allows students to book a slot as per their preference.
- The students can choose a date and time of the exam as per their choice.
- The slot booking process will be based on the ‘first-come-first-served basis’.
- In case a candidate forgets to book a slot the university will book the slot of that student automatically using the details provided on the application form.
Note: Once booked the slot can not be changed.
VITEEE 2019 Admit Card
- Admit card will be released after the slot booking process is completed.
- The students will be able to download the admit card through online mode from the University website.
- A copy of the admit card will be sent to all the students through Email.
- Students will be able to find all the important details like Admit card number, test date & time and venue in the admit card.
- In case if a candidate finds any error in his/her admit card they are advised to contact the university as soon as possible.
VITEEE 2019 Result
- The result will be available to the students through online mode on the university website.
- The result will not be sent to the students by post.
- Students will also get to know the result through SMS.
- Student’s performance in the examination will be the deciding factor for the merit list.
VITEEE 2019 Cut-Off
The cut-off is the minimum marks a candidate needs to score in order to qualify for the exam. The conducting authority will release the cut-off after the declaration of result. The students will be able to guess whether they will get the desired branch on the basis of their cut-off marks. The cut-off released will be based on branch and campus wise.
VITEEE 2019 Counseling
The details regarding counseling are given here:
- The counseling will be conducted by the respective authority through online mode starting 2nd week of May 2019.
- The candidate qualifying the exam will be called for the counseling procedure.
- The allotment of seats will be done on the basis of ranks achieved by students in VITEEE 2019.
- On the confirmation of seat & acceptance of branch allotted, selected candidates have to submit the fee of Rs. 50,000 through DD
- After the successful allotment of the seat and getting the desired branch, the student will have to deposit the fee of Rs. 50,000 through DD (In favour of ‘VIT University’, payable at Vellore)