VITMEE 2018 is VIT University Master’s Entrance Exam, which is conducted every year by VIT University for admission to the various M.Tech/P.G courses.
The candidates interested in the engineering course can apply for the exam, once selected the students will get admission in its Vellore & Chennai, the exam will be conducted in online mode.
VITMEE 2018 will be conducted on all India basis in various centres across India.
In this section, you will get the updates for VITMEE 2018: Application Form, Eligibility, Pattern, Dates, Syllabus.
VITMEE 2018 Important Exam Dates
In this section, candidates will find all the important exam dates for VITMEE 2018. (Please note that the dates provided are tentative and will be updated once official dates are announced)
|Start Date of Application form Submission||2nd week of March 2018|
|Application Form Submission Last Date||3rd week of May 2018|
|Start Date of Slot Booking||4th week of May 2018|
|Date of commencement of Exam||1st week of June 2018|
|Result Declaration||2nd week of June 2018|
|Begining of Counselling Process||4th week of June 2018|
VITMEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
VIT University has led down the following eligibility criteria for the candidates appearing in VITMEE 2018, only the candidates that qualify the criteria will be able to submit the application form.
|Criteria||Eligibility for appearing in VITMEE 2018|
|Marks in qualifying examination||A minimum aggregate score of 60% marks.|
|Qualifying Exam||The Candidate should have studied in any educational institute in India.|
|GATE Score||Candidates with valid GATE scores will also be considered for admissions.|
|Nationality||Only Resident of India are eligible. (NRI/PIO & Foreign candidates can also apply, the university will issue a different application form)|
VITMEE 2018 Exam pattern
In this section, candidates will find the VITMEE 2018 exam pattern:
- Exam Mode: The mode of the exam will be online mode (Computer Based Test).
- Duration of Exam: The exam will be 2 hours long.
- Type of Question: The question paper will be consisting of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ).
- No. of Questions: The question paper will contain 100 questions.
- Marking Scheme: For every correct response, 1 mark will be awarded.
- Negative Marking: No negative marking will be there for the wrong response.
|Subjects||Total No. of Questions|
VITMEE 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus for VITMEE 2018 will be different for every course. The candidates need to go through the syllabus for the course they opted for, the syllabus will be provided by the VIT University.
The syllabus will consist all the topics which are important for the examination.
VITMEE 2018 Application Form
This section contains all the details about VITMEE 2018 Application Form:
- The eligible candidates will be able to apply for VITMEE 2018 only through online mode.
- The application forms will be available in university official website from the 2nd week of March 2018
- The candidates will have to fill all the important details such as name and address of the candidate along with the educational qualifications.
- The candidates are also required to submit their scanned photo and signature.
- Once the application form has been filled, the fee for application form has to be paid.
- Candidates can pay the application fee using a debit card, credit card, net banking or Demand Draft (DD).
- Once the form is filled, the candidates should take out the printout of the filled-in application form for future references.
VITMEE 2018 Slot Booking
Once the registration process has been completed, the slot booking for VITMEE 2018 will start from the 4th week of May 2018. The entire process will be online and candidates will have to book the slots through the university website. Candidates will have to enter their USERNAME & ID before booking the slots.
The candidates will be able to choose the venue and time of their own choice from the options provided.
The slot booking process will be done on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Once the slot booking is completed the candidates will receive a confirmation email to their registered email address.
VITMEE 2018 Admit Card
The university will issue the admit card after the slot booking process has been completed, the admit card will be available on the university official website, the candidates need to have booked a slot, no admit card will be issued to candidates who didn’t book their slot.
The candidates need to carry the admit card with them while appearing for the examination, failing to do so will result in expulsion from the exam.
The admit card will contain all the important details like candidate name, roll no, venue of the exam, date & time.
VITMEE 2018 Result
After the successful commencement of exam, the university will publish the result on their official website, the students will be able to download the admit card from university website using their application number & date of birth.
After the result has been announced a list will be released for the candidates shortlisted for counselling.
VITMEE 2018 Counselling
The shortlisted candidates will be called for the counselling procedure at VIT Chennai & Vellore campuses. The conducting authority will reach the candidates through SMS or Email.
The counselling process will commence from the 4th week of June 2018. The candidates are required to bring all the important documents with them.
Before appearing for the counselling the candidates need to pay a sum of 10,000 Rs as counselling fee. The candidates are required to bring all the important documents with them.
The candidates are required to bring all the important documents with them, the documents will be then verified at the counselling venue.