WBUT PGET is Post Graduate Entrance Test which is conducted by Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad University every year for admission to the various M.Tech/P.G courses.
The interested candidates can apply for the exam in the engineering course, once selected the students will be able to get admission in one of the various institutes in the state.
In this section, you will get the updates for WBUT PGET 2019: Application form, Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Dates, Syllabus.
|S.No||Name of the Participating Institute|
|1||Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal|
|2||Gurunanak Institute of Technology|
|3||Narula Institute of Technology|
|4||Institute of Engineering & Management|
|5||Netaji Subhash Engineering College|
|6||Gupta College of Technological|
|7||Haldia Institute of Technology|
|8||Heritage Institute of Technology|
|9||Asansol Engineering College|
|10||Dr B.C. Roy Engineering college|
WBUT PGET 2019 Important Examination Dates (Tentative)
Given below are some of the important dates for WBUT PGET 2019 (please note that the dates provided are tentative and might change as the official dates are announced by the university).
|1||Commencement of Submission of Online Application||June 2019|
|2||Last Date for Submission of the Online Application.||July 2019|
|3||Submission of Print Out of Application Form||July 2019|
|4||Exam Date||July 2019|
|5||Declaration of Result||July/August 2019|
|6||Beginning of Counselling Process||July & August 2019|
WBUT PGET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
In order to register for the WBUT PGET 2019 entrance exam, the candidates need to fulfil the eligibility criteria, the university has decided the following criteria in order to get admission:
|Criteria||Eligibility for appearing in WBUT PGET 2019|
|Qualifying Exam||The Candidate should have qualified their Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Pharmacy/ Architecture from a well-recognized institute.|
|Nationality||Only Resident of India are eligible.|
|MSC students having a degree in relevant principle can also apply for the test.|
WBUT PGET 2019 Examination Pattern
The examination pattern is very helpful in preparation for the entrance exam, In this section, candidates will find the examination pattern of WBUT PGET 2019.
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted in offline mode. (Pen Paper Based Test).
- Language: The language of the question paper will be the English.
- Question Paper Type: The questions asked will be objective type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- No. of Questions: The question paper will contain a total of 100 questions.
- No. of Sections: The question paper will have 3 sections with General Section (English, Aptitude in Logical/ Reasoning Power and Mathematics) – 20 marks Mathematics, Basic Sciences & Engineering Sciences – 30 marks and Relevant Engineering Section – 50 Marks
- Duration of Exam: The exam will be of 2 hours duration.
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, 1 marks will be allotted.
- Negative Marking: No negative marking will be done.
WBUT PGET 2019 Application Form
The registration process for WBUT PGET 2019 will start from 2nd week June 2019. The candidates will be able to fill the application form by logging into university’s official website.
Once the form has been filled the candidates have to send the Hard copy of duly filled application form to the University’s Office, before the last date.
In this section, you will find all the details regarding the registration of WBUT PGET 2019:
- The candidates will be able to apply for the exam only through online mode by logging into the official website of the University, which is www.wbut.ac.in.
- After that, the candidates will need to find a notification for ‘Post Graduate Entrance Test (PGET) 2019 for admission into M.Tech and M. Pharm under MAKAUT, WB.’ and click on the notification.
- The candidates are required to fill all the important details such as name and address of the candidate along with the educational qualifications.
- The candidates will also have to submit their scanned photo and signature.
- Candidates must carefully see all the details before clicking submit as details once submitted cannot be changed.
- Once the application form has been filled, a sum of Rs. 600 for application form has to be paid for general category and Rs. 300 for other categories.
- Candidates will have to pay by issuing a demand draft in favour of WBUT PGET 2019 (The candidates are required to write their application number and mobile number on the backside of the demand draft.)
- This duly filled application form is to be printed and sent to the university along with required documents.
WBUT PGET 2019 Admit Card
- The university will issue the admit cards for WBUT PGET 2019 tentatively in July 2019.
- The candidates will be able to download the admit card by logging into the university official website.
- The admit card will contain all the important details like candidate name, roll no. , date, time and venue of the exam, etc.
- It is mandatory for the candidates to carry the admit card with them while going to the examination venue, failing to do so will result in expulsion from the exam.
- Even after the examination, the candidates must keep their admit cards safe.
WBUT PGET 2019 Result
- The result for WBUT PGET 2019 will be declared within 3 weeks after the commencement of the exam, once the date has been announced, it will be updated in this section.
- The candidates will be able to check their result on the official website of the university www.wbut.ac.in.
WBUT PGET 2019 Counseling
- The candidates that successfully clear the exam will be able to sit in the WB 2019 counseling.
- Candidates need to have a demand draft issued in favour of WBUT PGET of INR 500 as the counseling fee.
- The candidates will have to attend the counselling by themselves and will have to show all the original documents to the controller of the exam at the time of counseling.
- In order to book a seat a non-refundable fee of Rs. 5000 will have to be paid the candidates.